AussieTitanFan08

Rapoport : Titans not close to a deal with Henry expect to use the franchise tag

8 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Yeah, lets spend 20 million a year on a WR to join an already loaded WR corps. Great idea as usual!

Loaded? The only certified keeper is AJ Brown.

7 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Loaded? The only certified keeper is AJ Brown.

We finally have a very talented group of receivers.  We are not a passing teams so you can't get wrapped up in the numbers.  

42 minutes ago, Guts said:

We finally have a very talented group of receivers.  We are not a passing teams so you can't get wrapped up in the numbers.  

until the Titans become more of a passing team then they will never be true Super Bowl contenders 

4 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Davis is a good receiver, Humphries is one of the better slots in the NFL

Well, of course, opinions will differ. A good portion here see no more Davis here in the near future.  Humphries, nagged by injuries, did not earn his $11 Million. Maybe he will in the future. I'd trade them both for Amari Cooper at $20 Milliion today.

14 hours ago, abenjami said:

I was trying to think of where Henry would even go.  His skill set doesn't fit in a lot of current offenses.

But one scary thought is him going to Baltimore.

That would be nuts. Jrob may let Henry test the market and counter the offer. Maybe Henry stays -- maybe he goes. I'd really like to see Conklin tagged. He has higher trade value and is a harder position to find. 

I think Henry's agent will find that the market for 2 down backs is NOT top RB money. 

Why not sign Drake who is an every down back? I know Henry is a beast a big time part of this offense. But if he wants too much money, then this Cochise be an option. 

I get why anyone would want to get paid as much as possible and more so when they have a limited time to do so. But when the amount you will get is over 10mil even if it was for just 1 year why fight for more? What are you planing to do? Just don't be a moron and you and your kids and even your kids kid might never have to worry. 

And that is with having some fun stuff as well.

Not sure what Henry wants but I'd guess around $15 mil.  Still, he is only getting $12 with the tag and taking a risk.  Not sure I see him pulling a Bell and sitting out the season either,  Why give up $12 mil when it is likely he won't get that money back.  One year older and teams have to be leery of giving these back big deals.  

Thus why Henry wouldn't take a long term deal with about $12 a year and a decent amount of up front money makes no sense to me.  He could get a four year deal with half of that in his pocket now.