Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Number9

Teams interested in paying Top $$$ for Tannehill?

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, prometheus said:

Here's a thought: 

 

Since Tannehill and Henry have the same agent, give that agent the absolutely total money amount available for the two of them along with the amount of that total which would be guaranteed.  Tell the agent to figure out who gets what amount of the total and how much guaranteed each would get.  The # of years for each would be determined based on those parameters.

 

OK, terrible idea .... maybe.  Of course, a GM would never give an agent that kind of contract power.  Just my way to keep the brain cells still firing.

 

Ha, ha.  pro

I hope it gets done. Henry is the key for RT’s value. No matter how we might perceive it, the playoffs showed us as one demential. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I hope it gets done. Henry is the key for RT’s value. No matter how we might perceive it, the playoffs showed us as one demential. 

And tanny is Henry's value. It is symbiotic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Investing so much in Henry and tannehill just seems like the wrong thing to do.

That style of play requires a very stout D.. we lost our DC and probably losing one of our vet leaders on D in Ryan.

Vrabel taking over D scares me.

If defense takes a step back we are an 8-8 team even with tanney and Henry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 1:54 PM, Lars said:

It would be an utter disaster for a team with a bad OL and running game to sign RT to a huge contract. 

Then why bring in Brady then?if our o-line won't protect him,that's why we should franchise tag him,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mays.clinton said:

Then why bring in Brady then?if our o-line won't protect him,that's why we should franchise tag him,

 

Yeah but didn't Tannehill play lights out with the current OL last year?  Do we really expect the line to regress?   RT has played fantastically with only average and below average OLs.  I don't think he has ever played with a truly "good" OL.  2019 Titans was the closest and the results are astounding.  They were really good at run blocking.  They were about average pass blocking.  But it was likely the RT/Henry combination PA/power run that elevated the OL scores immediately after Ryan became the starter.  Funny how a key piece can elevate everyone around them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JRob moves again.  Smooth.  Quick.  Economical.  Under 30M.  JRob explained to Tannehill what the deal was and showed him it was to his best advantage not to go chasing record deal money because he wasn't going to get it.  Sign, get ready to go win a SB.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Number9 said:

JRob moves again.  Smooth.  Quick.  Economical.  Under 30M.  JRob explained to Tannehill what the deal was and showed him it was to his best advantage not to go chasing record deal money because he wasn't going to get it.  Sign, get ready to go win a SB.

 

 


This deal is great for Tannehill 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:


This deal is great for Tannehill 

 

 

Exactly.  Robinson has way more risk in this deal than Tannehill does.  It was a great deal for Tannehill because of the guaranteed money and short duration - i.e. another pay day.

 

Quote

This translates to $62 million fully guaranteed at signing, with the extra $29 million guaranteed after only one season. Thus, to avoid the $29 million, the Titans would have to cut Tannehill after paying him $37.5 million for one season and owing him $24.5 million for another, subject to offset.

 

The four-year payout is the third highest, behind only Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers. The three-year cash flow is fourth, behind Wilson, Rodgers, and Matt Ryan.

The $91 million represents the highest guarantee on a straight four-year deal in league history.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JRob had to come out of the FA with either Tannehill or Brady.  If let Tannehill hit the market then There was a chance he could end up with neither one. That did not need to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

 

Exactly.  Robinson has way more risk in this deal than Tannehill does.  It was a great deal for Tannehill because of the guaranteed money and short duration - i.e. another pay day.

 

 

It's a great deal for the Titans.  Now they sign/tag Henry and we are back to where we were with a team full of Titans.  Guys who go to battle every game and nobody talking about they want out.  It's short term, so if a young option shows up in the draft or cut by one of these team who don't develop players well he can be picked up.  The Titans are a team approach franchise under JRob.  Talent everywhere, not just one position carrying the rest.  Jonnu drafted three years ago in round three catching balls with one hand in the playoffs.  We got a 305lb pup going to become a big dog this year.  Forward thinking GM.  He knew about him and how teams were way undervaluing him in the draft.  Snatch.

 

The Tannehill deal is great for the Titans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Number9 said:

It's a great deal for the Titans.  Now they sign/tag Henry and we are back to where we were with a team full of Titans.  Guys who go to battle every game and nobody talking about they want out.  It's short term, so if a young option shows up in the draft or cut by one of these team who don't develop players well he can be picked up.  The Titans are a team approach franchise under JRob.  Talent everywhere, not just one position carrying the rest.  Jonnu drafted three years ago in round three catching balls with one hand in the playoffs.  We got a 305lb pup going to become a big dog this year.  Forward thinking GM.  He knew about him and how teams were way undervaluing him in the draft.  Snatch.

 

The Tannehill deal is great for the Titans.

 

I think it's a good deal for the Titans but it looks better if you just focus on APY and don't consider the true guaranteed aspect of it.  It's a win for Tannehill too though because of the $ 91 M of the $ 118 M being guaranteed and he'd still be in position to get another big deal if his play warrants it at 35. 

 

It's pretty damn close to a Cousins type deal to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...