Teams interested in paying Top $$$ for Tannehill?

Number9

8 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I would like to see Tannehill sign for around 28M per season.  I want him back and I see that as reasonable for him.  He's not on Drew Brees talent or Tom Brady historical talent/winner level.  He also has to realize the Titans have been a godsend for him.  I have been saying for the last two years that all the Titans needed was a QB who can play at an average level.  

Up until 2019, Mariota and Tannehill had very similar QBR.  The Titans team did wonders for Tannehill.  He should realize this and some gratitude shown by him in his negotiations would be in order.  The Titans still have to sign his security blanket and a lot of other good players.  Not just this year, but in the next few years as well.  We saw what happened when Henry got shut down in KC.  If this team starts losing players like Seattle, then we'll look like fools paying him Russell Wilson money.

He came here to be a back up.  If Mariota had stumbled around out there to wins against Indy @home and either @Jax or Buffalo this wouldn't even be a discussion.  We would have been stuck with Mariota and who was going to be throwing money at Tannehill to rescue their franchise?  A players past is not all he is, but it is a part of who he is.  I see comments about Clowney's past injuries being reason for caution.  What's the difference here, except we love Ryan Tannehill?

I have no interest in paying him $28M.... but if they do it, I'll get over it. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Tannihill is paid huge money and tanks here next year, it will most definitely be blamed on everyone but Tannihill. Vrabel, Smith, Robsinson. You can count on that, 

JRob whispering to media:  We're interested in Brady   Tannehill's agent to media:  So what?  The panthers are interested in Tannehill.

He won’t.  You can talk yourself into believing he will.  I think Peter King parroted one of my post in saying there are too many QB’s on the market right now.   And there are.  You have 4 QB’s going

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mariota getting 20.9 mill last year was way more ridiculous than RT getting 30+

Oh I think it's very possible he gets $30+M but if the titans were willing to do it, you'd think he'd be signed by now.

Just now, OILERMAN said:

The delay is due to the CBA being in limbo 

It's possible. We'll see. I'm open to that being true and I'm cool if it is.

Edited by reo

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I would like to see Tannehill sign for around 28M per season.  I want him back and I see that as reasonable for him.  He's not on Drew Brees talent or Tom Brady historical talent/winner level.  He also has to realize the Titans have been a godsend for him.  I have been saying for the last two years that all the Titans needed was a QB who can play at an average level.  

Up until 2019, Mariota and Tannehill had very similar QBR.  The Titans team did wonders for Tannehill.  He should realize this and some gratitude shown by him in his negotiations would be in order.  The Titans still have to sign his security blanket and a lot of other good players.  Not just this year, but in the next few years as well.  We saw what happened when Henry got shut down in KC.  If this team starts losing players like Seattle, then we'll look like fools paying him Russell Wilson money.

He came here to be a back up.  If Mariota had stumbled around out there to wins against Indy @home and either @Jax or Buffalo this wouldn't even be a discussion.  We would have been stuck with Mariota and who was going to be throwing money at Tannehill to rescue their franchise?  A players past is not all he is, but it is a part of who he is.  I see comments about Clowney's past injuries being reason for caution.  What's the difference here, except we love Ryan Tannehill?

This post encompasses my view 100%.  Everything here I agree with. Great post, sir. 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

The idea that signing ANY good QB to a market deal is some barrier to keeping a good team intact is laughable.  

A good QB is hard to find and they stumbled into one.  If they somehow fuck it up now or down the road with poor decisions it’s on the regime.

Tannehill is not going to sniff close to $30 M a year.  This is an article drummed up by his agent, obviously.  No team is throwing big money at Tannehill.  Any team that does, is committing to Tannehill long term to be their QB.  Now seriously, what team do you think believes Tannehill is the QB of the future after 10 good games?  Nobody is getting stuck with a Nick Foles situation...period!  Teams are looking at Tannehill as a bridge QB, at best.   He will receive a contract in Case Keenum’s range.  

Carolina beat Tennessee with a bridge QB, which means they already have someone on the team to fill that role.  Don’t you know a new Head coach and  new GM in rebuilding mode, ain’t starting off thinking Tannehill is the first piece to their championship puzzle?   What would be his value on a team with no receivers and no run game?   Are you going to pay him to be a draw at the box office??  You guys are really getting ridiculous now.  If anyone believes this article, I got a bridge to sell you.

There will be no bidding war for Tannehill.  He knows it and the Titans know it.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

The idea that signing ANY good QB to a market deal is some barrier to keeping a good team intact is laughable.  

A good QB is hard to find and they stumbled into one.  If they somehow fuck it up now or down the road with poor decisions it’s on the regime.

You just said it.  A “good” QB.  I’m not willing to pay a “good” QB top 3 money.  Just not a good decision.  Everyone’s idea of a good QB is clouded from watching Mariota the last 2 1/2 seasons.  You think anyone else would pay him over 30 million?  Hell no.  

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

30M is not too 3 money and that’s before Mahomes gets a new deal.

You’re right, just looked it up.  It’s top 5 by what I saw, though.  You think RT is a top 5 QB???  And who cares about Mahomes.  He’s a generational talent and the deal hasn’t been signed yet, so it’s irrelevant.  

4 minutes ago, TennTitans23 said:

You’re right, just looked it up.  It’s top 5 by what I saw, though.  You think RT is a top 5 QB???  And who cares about Mahomes.  He’s a generational talent and the deal hasn’t been signed yet, so it’s irrelevant.  

I think he's going to want $30M and I think if he hits FA, he gets it. I just don't think he's worth it. If they do, fine but I don't.