Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Callidus

If the nfl reduced the number of teams.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, smokeater said:

Cowboys, Pats, Steelers, and Packers....you said who would I remove....lol

 

That's alot of History 😬 lol. Thats almost half the Superbowls lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First team to remove would be the Cowboys, just to see their fans go suicidal.

 

Next up would be Colts, Jags and Texans.  This way the Titans would be guaranteed to win their division every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically,

 

Chargers: they bring no fans to the league 

 

Jags: no history; not a great fan base; no one would miss them

 

Bengals: it’s them or Cleveland and Cleveland has too much of a hold in the league to be offed; like the others, losing Cinci doesn’t affect the NFL much at all

 

Bucs: wanted to put the Texans but two teams in one division is too much (also Houston is a big ass city); this would be the biggest loss but Tampa fans could easily find a home elsewhere

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, flaming_thumbtack said:

Realistically,

 

Chargers: they bring no fans to the league 

 

Jags: no history; not a great fan base; no one would miss them

 

Bengals: it’s them or Cleveland and Cleveland has too much of a hold in the league to be offed; like the others, losing Cinci doesn’t affect the NFL much at all

 

Bucs: wanted to put the Texans but two teams in one division is too much (also Houston is a big ass city); this would be the biggest loss but Tampa fans could easily find a home elsewhere

 

 

Back to reality, I can agree with this.   I guess an argument could be made for the Lions, but too much history there as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, flaming_thumbtack said:

Realistically,

 

Chargers: they bring no fans to the league 

 

Jags: no history; not a great fan base; no one would miss them

 

Bengals: it’s them or Cleveland and Cleveland has too much of a hold in the league to be offed; like the others, losing Cinci doesn’t affect the NFL much at all

 

Bucs: wanted to put the Texans but two teams in one division is too much (also Houston is a big ass city); this would be the biggest loss but Tampa fans could easily find a home elsewhere

 

 

 

Yeah, realistically, this probably makes the most sense.  You could make a case for the Cardinals too IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually won't be surprised if the league expands to 34 teams at some point. I also expect for a team or two to jump ship to a new city and fanbase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

I actually won't be surprised if the league expands to 34 teams at some point. I also expect for a team or two to jump ship to a new city and fanbase. 

If they expand, what potential cities do you suggest?

 

International = London

Former NFL cities = St. Louis, San Diego, Oakland

Cities used as leverage to get new stadiums = San Antonio, Memphis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CreepingDeath said:

If they expand, what potential cities do you suggest?

 

International = London

Former NFL cities = St. Louis, San Diego, Oakland

Cities used as leverage to get new stadiums = San Antonio, Memphis

 

If the league goes international,  it completely changes the sport imo, and then you would certainly have to expand to other European cities. NFL = national football league. So would it change to IFL??

 

If we just expand the market here I would personally like to see some new cities instead of some retreads.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

 

If the league goes international,  it completely changes the sport imo, and then you would certainly have to expand to other European cities. NFL = national football league. So would it change to IFL??

 

If we just expand the market here I would personally like to see some new cities instead of some retreads.

 

What are some other markets large enough to support a team?  Oklahoma has an NBA team.  OKC population is > 600k.  'Bama likes their semi-pro team, but their biggest city is just over 200k.  Salt Lake City is around 200k.  Albuquerque is surprisingly large at 500k.

 

That compares to the previous cities:

San Diego @ 1.4 mil

San Antonio @ 1.5 mil

Saint Louis @ 300k  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, flaming_thumbtack said:

Realistically,

 

Chargers: they bring no fans to the league 

 

Jags: no history; not a great fan base; no one would miss them

 

Bengals: it’s them or Cleveland and Cleveland has too much of a hold in the league to be offed; like the others, losing Cinci doesn’t affect the NFL much at all

 

Bucs: wanted to put the Texans but two teams in one division is too much (also Houston is a big ass city); this would be the biggest loss but Tampa fans could easily find a home elsewhere

 

 

 

I would replace Bucs with Cardinals maybe or Jets. They are the little brother franchise in ny/nj area that is less cared about with no history other than Namaths guarantee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

What are some other markets large enough to support a team?  Oklahoma has an NBA team.  OKC population is > 600k.  'Bama likes their semi-pro team, but their biggest city is just over 200k.  Salt Lake City is around 200k.  Albuquerque is surprisingly large at 500k.

 

That compares to the previous cities:

San Diego @ 1.4 mil

San Antonio @ 1.5 mil

Saint Louis @ 300k  

 

If you go by metro and not city population:

 

San Diego Metro - 3,343,364 - Large population but had trouble selling out at Qualcomm IIRC. Also may have the issue of too many things to do.

 

St. Louis - 2,805,465 - Large population but had trouble with the Rams if I recall. Weather sucks. Would need that new stadium that was proposed before the left.

 

San Antonio - 2,518,036 - but won't support a team. Lower income too compared to Austin 1 hour north, but Austin won't support San Antonio and vice versa. Alamodome would not cut it even if renovated again

 

-------------------------

 

OKC - 1,396,445 - Would need a new stadium. Is the town big enough for the Thunder and a NFL team? I think it will be interesting what happens with Thunder support when they finally start sucking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...