Virus in US

pat

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Trump’s claims that GM, Ford making ventilators ‘right now’ not true

President Donald Trump’s assertion that automakers can quickly manufacture ventilators and that some are already making them is false

THE FACTS: No automaker is anywhere close to making medical gear such as ventilators and remain months away — if not longer. Nor do the car companies need the president’s permission to move forward, the AP said.

Ford and GM have yet to start production, and it would take them months, if not longer, to begin production.

Elon Musk provided California with a load of ventilators yesterday.  I don't know if they were made in the Tesla factory or not but he somehow got them.

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It is not an impossible task.  I have been locked down for 10 days now.

You start by disinfecting your home.  You clean all of the door handles, faucets, fridge handles, and all other surfaces you commonly touch.

You don't go out except to get food or exercise.  When you go out, you be careful not to touch anything you don't absolutely have to touch and definitely don't touch your face.  Wear rubber gloves and a mask if you want to.

Then when you return home, the first thing you do before touching anything is wash your hands.  Any items you brought home with you either get disinfected or go into a closet or other area where they can sit undisturbed for at least 24 hours in case the virus was on them.  Obviously perishables go in the fridge.

This is exactly what my family (wife and 2 kids) have been doing the past few weeks.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

Elon Musk provided California with a load of ventilators yesterday.  I don't know if they were made in the Tesla factory or not but he somehow got them.

I saw some show on television last night where they were showing ventilators being produced by some company not in the business, another making n-95 masks, and someone printing face protection masks elsewhere... TDS is running rampant with these corrupt piss ants... 

We may have seen the last of Dr Fauci......we just can't have these pesky truth-tellers running around informing the public with crazy crap like facts & medical information.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/03/24/where-is-dr-fauci-key-expert-missing-from-coronavirus-briefing-for-second-day/23959910/

‘Where is Dr. Fauci?’ Key expert missing from coronavirus briefing for second day

4 minutes ago, Come on Titans said:

We may have seen the last of Dr Fauci......we just can't have these pesky truth-tellers running around informing the public with crazy crap like facts & medical information.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/03/24/where-is-dr-fauci-key-expert-missing-from-coronavirus-briefing-for-second-day/23959910/

‘Where is Dr. Fauci?’ Key expert missing from coronavirus briefing for second day

Ask Clinton...

23 hours ago, oldschool said:

I know its crazy but I think its okay to have the conversation on when is enough enough with regards to shutting down the economy. We can't go on like this for months.

If China is being truthful about their current state, then there is light at the end of the tunnel, and we will have to wait ot out a few months. This is where relief checks and grace periods from lenders, utilities etc will be critical. 

But if this only continues to get worse we will be in big trouble, as going back to normal life would be catastrophic.

The logical next step after the 2 week soft quarantine will be an all out mandatory lockdown if the curve isn't flattened some.

This whole scene has been great for my lifestyle.  I go out to get gas and it's priced fairly low now.  I go to the grocery store and there is hardly anyone in there.  Easy to move around.  And when I get in my vehicle to go do both of those, the traffic on the roads is like it was 20 years ago, or more.

I'm buying stocks again lower than thought possible weeks ago!  It's just great, because it's like this whole global virus thing was done to benefit me Al Franken OTH!

al-franken-2.jpg?w=1877%26h=2000&f=1&nof

36 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

If China is being truthful about their current state, then there is light at the end of the tunnel, and we will have to wait ot out a few months. This is where relief checks and grace periods from lenders, utilities etc will be critical. 

But if this only continues to get worse we will be in big trouble, as going back to normal life would be catastrophic.

The logical next step after the 2 week soft quarantine will be an all out mandatory lockdown if the curve isn't flattened some.

It's supposed to be three weeks or so after people truly start social distancing that the new cases work their way through and the rate slumps. But, again, that's with true adoption by the public at large. It'll be longer than that in the US and it may not really flatten the curve much because of all the activity still ongoing. And it may not flatten the curve until it's already too late to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed (this seems highly likely).

It's been months in China and they went next level with shut down, plus it was largely contained to one area. The US has it all over and people aren't interested in social distancing. We're fucked. That's my expert opinion.

3 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Btw, my wife has a cough starting today and her chest feels "like there's something in there."

I'm legit panicked.

My daughter had a sore throat and a low grade fever last week, ended up being allergies. Dont panic and stay on top of it. 

15 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

It's supposed to be three weeks or so after people truly start social distancing that the new cases with their way through and the rate slumps. But, again, that's with true adoption by the public at large. It'll be longer than that in the US and it may not really flatten the curve much because of all the activity still ongoing. And it may not flatten the curve until it's already too late to keep hospitals from beginning overwhelmed (this seems highly likely).

It's been months in China and they went next level with shut down, plus it was largely contained to one area. The US had it all over and people aren't interested in social distancing. We're fucked. That's my expert opinion.

So many people fail to see the severity of the issue. If everyone would just sacrifice a few weeks of their lives and look at the big picture here, things could be much different.

We should have been on mandatory lockdown from day one. Only allowing for getting food and necessities and medical care only. It would be a small sacrifice to save lives and get live back to normal faster. 

Because of our own greed and selfishness, this is going to get far worse before it gets better.

10 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Btw, my wife has a cough starting today and her chest feels "like there's something in there."

I'm legit panicked.

Just keep an eye on her temperature and any shortness of breath. If it is allergies the coughs will become productive with mucus.

I know the pollen is very high right now and a lot of people are going to panic about the normal seasonal allergies.

Add on to the "boo-hoo, we only make $250K on average per year so please feel sorry for us when looking at medical regulations and public systems":

Doctors Are Stockpiling Trial Coronavirus Drugs

March 24, 2020 at 11:55 am EDT

“Doctors are hoarding medications touted as possible coronavirus treatments by writing prescriptions for themselves and family members, according to pharmacy boards in states across the country,” the New York Times reports.

“The stockpiling has become so worrisome in Idaho, Kentucky, Ohio, Nevada, Oklahoma, North Carolina, and Texas that the boards in those states have issued emergency restrictions or guidelines on how the drugs can be dispensed at pharmacies. More states are expected to follow suit.”