Virus in US

Rich people spread the virus flying around, and then poor people die from it.

I'm not hoping for a return to normalcy i e everything being the way they used to be.  But I am looking forward to seeing vaccinated friends this summer.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Whoa same thing is happening here too, weird.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pat said:

Rich people spread the virus flying around, and then poor people die from it.

I'm not hoping for a return to normalcy i e everything being the way they used to be.  But I am looking forward to seeing vaccinated friends this summer.

You have obviously never been on an international flight. There are some nasty fucking people flying between countries.

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That was inevitable…

Welp, glad I got my second Vax today. The Indian strain is a real bitch. From what I’ve read it’s contagious enough to catch just walking past someone when you’re outside. They haven’t proven that, but the spike in rates lends to it being more likely than not. 

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'm still taking that victory lap weeks later.

Are they even able to produce it with their facility being all messed up? I had read multiple articles that it was in question because the plant was all messed up and the US had enough supply from others so they were pretty much unofficially moving forward without it.

This was during the pause.

10 hours ago, Titans279 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6b3bc97cc1e3a5ca66d3dc74a4ebc11d.jpeg

Im vaccinated and everyone I know with a brain got vaccinated. If others don’t want to, so be it I guess. Let em suffer if/when they get it.

At this point, those who want the shot have started or completed that process and those that don’t want it have already decided a long time ago. 

Edited by TitansFan777

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/05/cdc-eviction-ban-vacated-485441

A federal judge issued a decision Wednesday vacating the U.S. government’s nationwide ban on evictions, voiding one of the biggest pieces of Washington’s response to the Covid-19 crisis. 

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention exceeded its authority in imposing the moratorium, U.S. District Judge for the District of Columbia Dabney Friedrich ruled Wednesday. 

The CDC issued an order in September barring landlords from evicting tenants for the nonpayment of rent, citing a 1944 public health law that gives the agency certain powers to prevent communicable diseases from crossing state lines. Congress and the Biden administration have since extended the ban, which was slated to expire June 30. 

The Biden administration is racing to end a bottleneck at the state and local government level preventing the disbursement of more than $46 billion in rent relief. Wednesday’s order increases the pressure to get the money out the door to keep millions of distressed tenants from facing long-term damage to their credit and the potential loss of their homes.