Virus in US

pat

3 hours ago, patsplat said:

It's even worse than that.

Many destinations require a layover.  It's hard to do that trip without eating.  And eating in a food court is about the riskiest possible thing you can do.

That's what happened to my wife.  She had a layover in Charlotte, grabbed a bite without thinking, and ended up with a case of covid.

Air travel is spreading the disease not necessarily on a plane but to the other travelers.

Yup, it's being spread in the airports, and probably significantly because of layovers in the bigger cities like DFW, Charlotte, MIami, Atlanta, Denver, etc.

We had a ski trip planned for right after Christmas that we booked 10 months ago and we cancelled it. Why?  6 airports in 7 days and it wasn't possible to rework it by booking direct flights.

Edited by abenjami

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

Talked to a friend tonight who told me they were hospitalized for four days with a bad cough and a fever...and weren’t even tested for Corona. He’s in Cookeville, which is backwards as all hell. They charged him 18k and didn’t even test him. I had to explain the situation to him. He’s not the type to lie. That’s crazy. 

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Talked to a friend tonight who told me they were hospitalized for four days with a bad cough and a fever...and weren’t even tested for Corona. He’s in Cookeville, which is backwards as all hell. They charged him 18k and didn’t even test him. I had to explain the situation to him. He’s not the type to lie. That’s crazy. 

Healthcare outside of Nashville can be amazingly shitty. 30 years of accepting complications, misdiagnosis, ignored symptoms, etc. Not every doc out there is poor but...A lot of patients hate to travel and are loyal to their local hospital. Some are better than others.I would have thought Cookeville better than others.

Clarksville, Tullahoma, McMinnville.....run away

27 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Healthcare outside of Nashville can be amazingly shitty. 30 years of accepting complications, misdiagnosis, ignored symptoms, etc. Not every doc out there is poor but...A lot of patients hate to travel and are loyal to their local hospital. Some are better than others.I would have thought Cookeville better than others.

Clarksville, Tullahoma, McMinnville.....run away

I honestly couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I asked him at least five times if he was swabbed. He kept saying no. It’s blowing my mind up thinking about the ramifications. 

Maybe this has been discussed.  Reasons the vaccine progress is so slow can be having to keep it at a certain temperature and having to dose people twice.  I remember vaccines in school, the nurse just came and everyone got a shot.  But with Covid that would still be slowed by needing proper refrigeration and being certain everyone got their second dose.

I am even a little leery about the Metro standby list.  If you luck up and get called, then you are given a second dose date.  But with the haphazard way it seems to be going, can they promise you the second dose?

Also, if you get a Pfizer vac, does the next one have to be from Pfizer?

On 1/4/2021 at 6:34 PM, Titans279 said:

I'm curious what's the deal with our flu numbers this season. Could just peak later, but it's not usually this flat to start at least from this selection of years. Covid restrictions not allowing the less virulent flu to spread?

ILI52_small.gif

No ThEy aRe CalLiNg fLu cOvId tO oUsT TrUmP