Virus in US

6 hours ago, Rogue said:

Wait, what?  I was told COVID wouldn't be an issue past Nov!  Could this information have been wrong?

I know a DR who actually told me it would be over after the election, his patients are now dropping like flies 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Whoa same thing is happening here too, weird.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

Speaking out my ass here, but to me, it has always seemed like they only had a real shot of containing this thing before it started mutating. Now the mutations have mutated and mutations of the motions of the mutations are doing the same.

There will be so many variants of this thing soon that it’s gonna be a pick your poison scenario in regards to which versions of the virus need to be in the vaccinations. 

The vaccine is not like one for the flu. There is no known strain where the protein receptors found in the Corona virus are any different than one another. The vaccine works on every known strain so far. Hopefully that continues to be the case going forward. 

The latest death toll according to the CDC:

326K  deaths associated to COVID

500K  deaths due to COVID, pneumonia, and influenza combined.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Doing the math, that's roughly 174K  deaths associated with pnuemonia/influenza without COVID.   This number averaged roughly 55K in years past.

It's worth nothing that the actual numbers are much higher than what is shown.   The CDC updates this page every week, but they can only report the information they've received;   it can take up to 8 weeks for them to receive that information from the states and localities.       (To illustrate:  the CDC numbers show the death toll declining sharply in December.....but we know for a fact that the exact opposite happened;  they simply haven't received all the data yet.   It could be up to 8 weeks before the CDC can calculate accurate numbers for December.)

Well on the bright side, this country and the planet in general have become a bit over populated/crowded.

So at least Covid is helping to address that problem with humanity.

Edited by abenjami
18 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

If one more person tells me zinc is going to prevent me from getting COVID, I’m going to lose my mind.

Seriously, every anti-mask asshole I’ve seen lately that I have had the misfortune of speaking with has told me “you don’t need masks. Just take zinc”

That and remove stress, following the main stream media whipping everyone up into a frenzy worrying about Covid is just hurting our chances at fighting this thing!

47 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

That and remove stress, following the main stream media whipping everyone up into a frenzy worrying about Covid is just hurting our chances at fighting this thing!

Well, hell.....just come on down here to Tennessee.    Most folks around here don't appear to be worried at all about covid.

It will just disappear all by itself....like magic!

4 minutes ago, nine said:

Well, hell.....just come on down here to Tennessee.    Most folks around here don't appear to be worried at all about covid.

It will just disappear all by itself....like magic!

hahah the people I specifically see most with combating covid with these techniques are the few people I know who live in Texas, Tennessee probably isn't too different than Galveston.

Just a small aside.

People don’t seem to understand how vaccines work. When you take the flu shot and end up with the flu it wasn’t because of the shot; it was because the shot lowers the immune system and you came into contact with someone else who had the flu.

The same works for the COVID vaccine. The booster makes this especially tough to deal with as the person is vulnerable for up to ten days after each shot. You can still contract the virus after you take the vaccine   until the immune system catches up. 

18 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Just a small aside.

People don’t seem to understand how vaccines work. When you take the flu shot and end up with the flu it wasn’t because of the shot; it was because the shot lowers the immune system and you came into contact with someone else who had the flu.

The same works for the COVID vaccine. The booster makes this especially tough to deal with as the person is vulnerable for up to ten days after each shot. You can still contract the virus after you take the vaccine   until the immune system catches up. 

I've read you could still get COVID, and might still be able to infect someone, BUT they feel confident the infected won't be as bad off if vacinnated...which is good enough.