Damn,...

Italy’s death toll from the coronavirus surged to over 9,000 Friday as the country reported another 919 fatalities in one day. Italy’s Civil Protection Agency announced that the country’s death toll currently stands at 9,134 after the biggest single-day jump since the outbreak first hit Italy late last month. Prior to Friday’s jump, the largest one-day toll occurred on March 21, when 793 people were killed by the coronavirus.

9 minutes ago, begooode said:

Must be the after effects of the Corona to engage Thor. Don’t worry he’ll cure you of your well intentioned attempts of reasoning with the irrational.  He’s just jizzing himself that anyone is still reading his emo drivel.

I know lol. My bad. Those fucks are pissing me off. I’ll get back to ignoring the idiots. 

4 minutes ago, begooode said:

Damn,...

Italy’s death toll from the coronavirus surged to over 9,000 Friday as the country reported another 919 fatalities in one day. Italy’s Civil Protection Agency announced that the country’s death toll currently stands at 9,134 after the biggest single-day jump since the outbreak first hit Italy late last month. Prior to Friday’s jump, the largest one-day toll occurred on March 21, when 793 people were killed by the coronavirus.

A few weeks ahead, and no end in sight...

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I do not prescribe very many meds- mostly antibiotics. I agree with titanruss that many doctors are lacking in pharmacology. 

The saying is that young doctors can use 10 drugs to treat 1 condition and old doctors use 1 drug to treat 10 conditions.

My Dad and sister are pharmacists. The stories they tell of what a doctor perscribed and for what condition is mind numbingly dumb sometimes.. even for a layman like myself.

There's also interaction with other drugs they rarely know about, history with previous drugs and the reasons why they took them, and they are highly susceptible to drug reps.

Some are great I'm sure. But seems most need to leave that side of the biz to someone else.

11 minutes ago, titanruss said:

My Dad and sister are pharmacists. The stories they tell of what a doctor perscribed and for what condition is mind numbingly dumb sometimes.. even for a layman like myself.

There's also interaction with other drugs they rarely know about, history with previous drugs and the reasons why they took them, and they are highly susceptible to drug reps.

Some are great I'm sure. But seems most need to leave that side of the biz to someone else.

Electronic medical records (emr) all have drug interactions which pop up automatically. Having said that, some of the interactions are rare and often, an antibiotic has to be used based on bacteria sensitivity that may have a crossreaction.

I hate emr for the most part but that is a good feature.

35 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Electronic medical records (emr) all have drug interactions which pop up automatically. Having said that, some of the interactions are rare and often, an antibiotic has to be used based on bacteria sensitivity that may have a crossreaction.

I hate emr for the most part but that is a good feature.

I agree with that. 

There's also been specific cases where my family will look at their prescription history and then as a question why they were prescribed something 5-7 years ago.. then realize they have a condition that could be dangerous when mixed with the new prescription. 

It could be solved with thorough questioning and computers but since we dont have it.. most people need to understand doctors dont know it all and just trust blindly. 

3 hours ago, begooode said:

Must be the after effects of the Corona to engage Thor. Don’t worry he’ll cure you of your well intentioned attempts of reasoning with the irrational.  He’s just jizzing himself that anyone is still reading his emo drivel.

Drivel would be a step up from whatever he is currently posting.

Damn,...

It's horrible, but I've heard they have one of the oldest populations in the whole world. Also, they're basically a country if walking talking chimney pipes and this is a respiratory disease.

I mean... if there was ever an opportunity for the anti-tobacco companies to sieze it's probably right after this shit goes away, maybe even before.

I took everyone off my ignore list when I made the post trying to find common ground because we are all in this pandemic.  Everyone on the planet is actively involved.  

Didn't get very far, so I am going back to put them all back on ignore.  I was smart enough to keep one item checked so it will be very easy to put them back.

Ireland is basically on a full lockdown from tonight. Can't leave beyond 2km of your house unless its for vital work or medical appointments. (Workers from grocery stores, hospitals, pharmacies). Only allowed exercise outside for 30 mins per day

I read today there is going to be a world-wide shortage of condoms because the workers aren't allowed to work.