2 hours ago, ctm said:

McConnell has adjourned the Senate until April 20th.  

Gosh Mitch, what could possibly go wrong between now and then?

Trump: errybody back to work by Easter! Apr 13th

Senate adjourns until Apr 20th

LOL

19 minutes ago, Come on Titans said:

I don't see his scores, playing partners, and nearly every round is on a weekend... God forbid the guy relaxes on weekend playing golf... He works endlessly and this is what your pissing vinegar about... LOL!!! 

You turkey's are obsessed --- TDS at its finest --- Trump lives in your head!!!

36 minutes ago, Come on Titans said:

Couldn't find the scores, but this article was pretty funny....

https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/books/2020/03/22/Book-review-Rick-Reilly-Commander-in-Cheat-How-Golf-Explains-Trump/stories/202003170008

"Everything about Mr. Trump the golfer is a lie, from his handicap and the number of club championships he has won to the scores he posts (known as the “Trump Bump”) and the national ranking of the many golf courses he owns. Even his etiquette is bad. Mr. Trump routinely drives his golf cart (he never walks) right on the green, a golfing no-no.

He cheats so blatantly on the golf course that his playing partners (usually celebrities or sports personalities) and trusty caddy, A.J., even the Secret Service agents, don’t bother to look away. "

Classic. The guy is a grade A bitch. Did you read the part where he took down someone’s championship and put his name on the plaque even though he didn’t play in the tournament? “I regularly beat that score. I would have beaten him”. 

It's not so much about the amount of golf the scumbag plays, it's more about the enormous cost to the taxpayer. He should play in DC. 

If he must go the FL to play, he should do so out of his own pocket.

This was a basic cost breakdown from Oct. 2019

Trump Golf Count Cost Breakdown:

AF1 flights to Mar-a-Lago: $47,288,000

AF1 flights to Bedminster: $18,375,500

Costs to Bedminster, Palm Beach: $17,437,192

Cost to guard coast off Mar-a-Lago: $21,476,000

Luxury car rental in Turnberry, Scotland: $1,260,139

Cost of stay at Trump Turnberry, Scotland: $68,800

Total cost of staying in Doonbeg, Ireland: $3,600,000

Total Cost: $109,505,631

32 minutes ago, Come on Titans said:

It's not so much about the amount of golf the scumbag plays, it's more about the enormous cost to the taxpayer. He should play in DC. 

If he must go the FL to play, he should do so out of his own pocket.

This was a basic cost breakdown from Oct. 2019

Trump Golf Count Cost Breakdown:

AF1 flights to Mar-a-Lago: $47,288,000

AF1 flights to Bedminster: $18,375,500

Costs to Bedminster, Palm Beach: $17,437,192

Cost to guard coast off Mar-a-Lago: $21,476,000

Luxury car rental in Turnberry, Scotland: $1,260,139

Cost of stay at Trump Turnberry, Scotland: $68,800

Total cost of staying in Doonbeg, Ireland: $3,600,000

Total Cost: $109,505,631

This doesn't even include the Secret Service cost or the $400K they have spent on golf cart rentals.

Edited by Btowner

Dude in front of me in line to the supermarket is crowding up on the old lady in front, talking about how the virus comes from the sky not other people.

More from the Lincoln Project - aka repubs who want their party back - this time going right at the propaganda machine

A news network has one responsibility to its viewers: Keep them informed by telling the truth. But Fox News... isn't a news network. It's a Trumpist propaganda machine masquerading as a journalistic enterprise. Even so, you would hope that a global pandemic bearing down on America would trigger some moral sense of responsibility among its hosts.

Wrong. The opposite happened.

Trump called the coronavirus pandemic a hoax, so Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, and the rest of his cheerleading squad told their viewers it was all a plot to take down the president. That it was made up. For weeks. Precious time their audience—which skews older, and thus more vulnerable to COVID-19—could have been preparing for what was coming.

Now, Trump's unfitness is being revealed in appalling and undeniable detail with every passing moment of this crisis. We're not going to let Fox News get away with this. We need your help to show this to as many Fox viewers as possible because they need to see exactly how Fox hosts misled the public while danger closed in.

Fox News host Sean Hannity challenged Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on the expansion of unemployment benefits in the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package passed by the Senate, saying some people are "going to make more money unemployed" than by remaining in the workforce.

Hannity said he supported helping Americans impacted by the spreading coronavirus, but questioned whether the bill's provision expanding unemployment benefits by $600 was necessary. "This idea that you're going to make more money unemployed, that angers my audience. That angers me too," said Hannity, a staunch supporter of the president. "Why couldn't somebody just have to show a pay stub, and that's the money you're going to get?"

"Sean, you're right. It angers me, too," Mnuchin replied. "But the problem is the states have computer systems in unemployment that are 35 years old. And, unfortunately, we need to get the money out fast we couldn't reprogram these things."

"So the simplest way was, and the fairest way was, $600 per person. In certain states that may be a little bit too much money," he continued. "In other states, it's less. It's not a perfect system. But the president's objective was to make sure we get money in people's hands. And as I said, waiting four months to reprogram systems, that doesn't do us any good."

"Our focus was delivering money quickly to the American public," Mnuchin also said.

34 minutes ago, begooode said:

Fox News host Sean Hannity challenged Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on the expansion of unemployment benefits in the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package passed by the Senate, saying some people are "going to make more money unemployed" than by remaining in the workforce.

Hannity said he supported helping Americans impacted by the spreading coronavirus, but questioned whether the bill's provision expanding unemployment benefits by $600 was necessary. "This idea that you're going to make more money unemployed, that angers my audience. That angers me too," said Hannity, a staunch supporter of the president. "Why couldn't somebody just have to show a pay stub, and that's the money you're going to get?"

"Sean, you're right. It angers me, too," Mnuchin replied. "But the problem is the states have computer systems in unemployment that are 35 years old. And, unfortunately, we need to get the money out fast we couldn't reprogram these things."

"So the simplest way was, and the fairest way was, $600 per person. In certain states that may be a little bit too much money," he continued. "In other states, it's less. It's not a perfect system. But the president's objective was to make sure we get money in people's hands. And as I said, waiting four months to reprogram systems, that doesn't do us any good."

"Our focus was delivering money quickly to the American public," Mnuchin also said.

I talked to my cousin in Louisiana who is getting laid off at the end of the month. She said in that state, unemployment only pays some small percentage of what she was making, like 15% or something. People can’t live on that. 

11 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

@El Guapothe fact check site that you used is owned by the daily caller which in turn is owned by Tucker Carlson.  How is this a neutral fact check site in your mind?

It's true that Trump didn't call the virus a hoax, but that Democrat's "politicizing" it "their new hoax".  

It is, however, another instance in which he downplayed the seriousness of the threat.  

23 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I talked to my cousin in Louisiana who is getting laid off at the end of the month. She said in that state, unemployment only pays some small percentage of what she was making, like 15% or something. People can’t live on that. 

Last I knew, California only pays up to a maximum of $450 per week.  We've raised our minimum wage so much over the past couple years that's actually a bit less than minimum wage and jack squat for most people who live here.

7 minutes ago, Rogue said:

It's true that Trump didn't call the virus a hoax, but that Democrat's "politicizing" it "their new hoax".  

It is, however, another instance in which he downplayed the seriousness of the threat.  

I’m well aware that snopes called this claim a mix.  I was calling out this bogus fact check site.