Virus in US

pat

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

My wife got her second shot of Pfizer around 11 on Monday. She felt great until about 7 pm, then started feeling run down. Tuesday, she was in bed all day with severe body aches and a headache and such. Yesterday, she was a bit more functional but with a severe headache that tylenol didn't touch. Still has a headache today.

Probably the worst reaction to the second shot out of all the people we know.

That’s how I feel. I felt pretty bad from the first one but this one I got yesterday has knocked me on my ass.... slight fever, been puking all night, migraines and aches. 

51 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

That’s how I feel. I felt pretty bad from the first one but this one I got yesterday has knocked me on my ass.... slight fever, been puking all night, migraines and aches. 

She never puked but she was nauseous. Most stuff passed after 24 hours but the headaches and some stiffness have lingered for extra days.

6 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

And NY taxes will take most of it!

I don't recommend you move up to NY, but if you do there's plenty of places that will suit your needs upstate.  Taxes don't appear to be an issue for your situation, so I wouldn't worry about it.

After my first dose (Pfizer),  my arm was sore for three days. I got my second dose last week, didn't feel the needle and had a sore arm for a day.

After getting her 2nd dose, my wife has a rash at the spot she was injected and had allergy symptoms for a couple of days. Go figure.

Women tend to have stronger immune systems than men and younger people have stronger ones than older people. They are more likely to experience side effects due to this. The second shot will likely induce more and stronger side effects since your immune system has seen it before so it reacts quicker and stronger.

Since this board is mostly older men you're less likely to get hit as hard by the vaccine.

I got my Pfizer almost two weeks ago.  I had no symptoms other than a sore arm, until today.  Just feel wore down and my lower back aches.  

I looked at the dates, and this would be day 8 or 9 after first symptoms when I had it before, which was around the time I felt the worst....and same things, tired and achy.  

I had COVID  in November.    My wife never had it.

Three weeks ago we got the first dose (Pfizer).     Afterward, my wife had some slight tenderness at the injection point for a day or two...that was it.    I didn't have severe side effects, but I felt like crap the following day (chills, fatigue, fever, body aches, etc) and spent most of the day in bed.    But it lasted less than 24 hours and I was fine.

We got the second dose this past Monday.     I had side effects similar to the first dose, but milder.    My wife had similar side effects, but stronger....she felt like crap for about a day and a half, but was fine after that.

For what it's worth:   a lot of people complain of pain and soreness at the spot of injection.   My wife and I found that just a little bit of stretching and working the shoulder post-injection helps minimize that soreness and discomfort.   

After each injection,  we would do a couple basic stretches and flexing motions  ....just a few windmills, swing the arm back & forth a few times, whatever.    Do it for  30 seconds or so every 2-3 hours... it's really nothing.   But neither of us experienced any significant arm soreness .....just some very mild tenderness.     We like to think that little bit of stretching helped.

17 hours ago, pat said:

I don't recommend you move up to NY, but if you do there's plenty of places that will suit your needs upstate.  Taxes don't appear to be an issue for your situation, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I lived in Wappinger Falls from 1965 to 1975. Great place to be a kid back then. Catskills and Lake Taconic were great memories. 

Edited by LongTimeFan