Virus in US

pat

17 hours ago, Starkiller said:

This doesn’t seem to embed well, but it shows the spread of the virus throughout the county over 60 seconds

Interesting to see it as a function of certain specific events.  The Dakota biker rally for example.

20 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Europe is making a comeback...

d1yihibtqet51.png

Yeah I think I heard they passed us on % infections yesterday.  I have a number of people I talk to who live there or are travelling there now.  Lithuanian friend from Carmel, CA who went home to Lithuania then has made her way down to Greece, going through Hungary, Slovenia among other spots.

She says not much attention paid to masks and such where she has been.  Granted it hasn't been London/Paris/Berlin big city type spots.

Another old friend in Luxembourg mentioned they had very little happening, until recently.  People more masked up there and trying to follow generally accepted practices.

I think it's pretty simple that Europe did a decent job of managing this on the whole after the Italy scare, then got lax - probably moreso when comparing themselves to us - and in very unshocking fashion had it all kick back up especially as things cooled down and more people socialized inside. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Me and my wide were invited to a friends 50th B-Day party at a bar and we passed. Covid outbreak amongst the group

Ohio's Gov is stating that tracing is showing most of the current outbreak has been trace to family gathering type of events (not schools, stores, etc)..

Edited by ChemEngr79

3 minutes ago, ChemEngr79 said:

Ohio's Gov is stating that tracing is showing most of the current outbreak has been trace to family gathering type of events (not schools, stores, etc)..

They should start adding political affiliations to the contact tracing. I bet most of the spread is from Trumperland

30 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

They should start adding political affiliations to the contact tracing. I bet most of the spread is from Trumperland

In my neighborhood, I saw a 22-car party with no masks/social distancing about 2-weeks ago. Of course, there was a Trump 2020 sign in the front yard. ?

Edited by ChemEngr79

4 hours ago, luvyablue256 said:

A safe bet, but I wouldn't expect them to deny it, given their mixture of not believing it exists, not believing it is anywhere near as bad as made out, and believing in the idea of herd immunity.

Some news from reality on the vax timeline. 

Btw still so weird to see the Trumpers on one hand and then even ex Trump admin officials on the other. Just different worlds. 

Scott Gottlieb is probably the one Trump appointment that I thought I actually did well while he was at the FDA. 

Edited by Titans279

Yup. Realistically we are looking at March or April for the first wave of vaccine recipients; elderly and first line workers. We won't have most of thenpopulation vaccinated until end of of 2021 which if you pay attention, is the timeline most public health officials have been going with for the past 6 months.