Virus in US

pat

I’ll repeat something I said earlier since I’ve now done it twice pre and post mask mandates.  CO, KS, MS, IL, and KY all have mask mandates.  With the exception of CO, most interactions are with travel stops, so that may be a factor, but there seems to a lot of compliance there.  It’s travel stops and not general population.  

We stopped in Paducah for gas, and noticed a lack of masks there, but my friend that lives there has not had that experience.  So maybe a one off?  

In TN, mainly Goodlettsville and Hendersonville, seems a good amount of compliance, even though it’s not a state wide mandate.  

In Colorado Springs, there is a good amount of compliance.  I’d say 80-90%, which is a sharp contrast to pre-mask mandate.  The thing is, looking at Facebook, you’d not conclude these numbers.  Even with law enforcement saying they won’t prosecute because it’s not enforceable, we still have those rates. 

I get the general feeling people are okay with mask mandates.  Perhaps because they felt peer pressure as masks came off.  Not the idiots for sure, but I’m getting the impression the “silent majority” isn’t who they think it is.  

Edited by Rogue

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Lol Republicans. 

My favorite quote:

After Meadows said the Senate would be taking the lead, a reporter noted McConnell had indicated that Mnuchin and Meadows are taking the lead in the talks. 

"Well, I would not agree with his characterization if that's what he said, is that what he said?" Meadows responded. "So he said it's a White House-led process? I find that hard to believe." 

11 hours ago, Starkiller said:

2wzzco52yke51.jpg

Isn’t this it?  I’ve said it and I’ll say it a again, the Culture War sides can now be defined in its simplist terms....those that care for others and those that don’t.  

Sure, right wingers have friends and family and what not, but look at most issues and it’s hard to see where they actually care about fellow Americans.  

They’ll raise hell about wearing a mask to protect other people’s lives, but are absolutely complicit with wearing clothing to protect their own sensibilities.   

This is the defining moment of our times, and It’s not good.  

CNN: 
To everybody who lives in a rural area, you are not immune or protected from this virus," Birx said. "If you're in multi-generational households, and there's an outbreak in your rural area or in your city, you need to really consider wearing a mask at home, assuming that you're positive, if you have individuals in your households with comorbidities.

Look at that word salad. I told you guys she was an idiot. You need to really consider wearing a mask at home, if you’re positive, if you have individuals in your household with comorbidities? Umm what?