Virus in US

pat

It's more than likely an attempt to differentiate between just bars and restaurants that also act as bars. It's still a Republican state. They're trying to do the least possible and keep restaurants open to an extent. 

They should close them all and let them to take out or deliver only.

Sidenote: I've been using DoorDash lately and it works pretty well.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

Nothing to see here

https://www.insider.com/chase-rice-concert-tennessee-no-masks-social-distancing-2020-6

Country singer Chase Rice held an 800-person concert in Tennessee and it appears few people wore masks or social distanced at the event

Country singer Chase Rice held a huge concert in Tennessee on Saturday night, and videos shared by the musician showed little social distancing and few people wearing masks.

Rice, who hit the top of the country charts in 2019 with "Eyes On You," performed at a prison-turned-museum and concert venue called Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary in Petros, about 150 miles from Nashville.

Some news reports said that up to 4,000 people were in attendance at the concert, but Brian May, a spokesperson for the event space, told Insider that 954 tickets had been sold, and 809 were scanned at the venue Saturday night.

"All local requirements were abided by for the recent concert, and numerous precautions were taken. We drastically reduced our maximum venue capacity of 10,000 to 4,000 maximum capacity (lower than the state's advisement of 50%) with less than 1,000 in attendance Saturday night, providing ample space in the outdoor lawn area for fans to spread out to their own comfort level," May said. "All guests were given temperature checks prior to entering the venue and free hand sanitizer was provided to everyone at entry. All vendors and staff were advised to wear masks and gloves when interacting with guests, and bandanas were available for purchase on-site."

5 hours ago, Come on Titans said:

we've got to stop all this testing if we're gonna survive

merica.png.cde220babce277807f7a4e9b7984e1e1.png

I really don't like these comparisons.   Each state is about as large as some countries.   State by state comparison would be better. It would show what we already know that red states with heavy GOP leadership followed countries with the same. (Brazil, England, etc)    Blue states followed comparisons of countries that have done better.    The full USA comparison to smaller countries just highlights are size more than success or failure. 

3 hours ago, reo said:

It's more than likely an attempt to differentiate between just bars and restaurants that also act as bars. It's still a Republican state. They're trying to do the least possible and keep restaurants open to an extent. 

They should close them all and let them to take out or deliver only.

Sidenote: I've been using DoorDash lately and it works pretty well.

This is exactly it. In Nashville you have to serve so much food relative to liquor and beer to not be considered a bar. Once you’re established as a bar it is mandatory 21 and up.  This is really simple stuff. 

Oh, and try Uber Eats. A lot better imo than Door Dash. 

4 hours ago, Titans279 said:

If they want to see a W curve that looks more like a V attached to a U then they will let the unemployment benefits expire. No one is hiring right now for obvious reasons. You cut 40 million from the roster then foreclosures and evictions will skyrocket and we will likely face a massive correction in the market a couple months later. Thousands of businesses already on thin margins will go out of business since the unemployment money is not being squirreled away but being mainlined into the economy unlike trillion dollar tax cuts. 

I posted an article from the Atlantic the other day outlining what I’ve thought about this for a while. They’re playing with fire just dropping that many people. I’m not saying it’s necessarily fair to have people sitting at home making more money than their normal job, but that’s life. Nothing is fair in politics when it comes to logistics. It’s about what makes sense. Drop 40 million and watch this economy tank into Great Depression 2. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

18 hours ago, patsplat said:

Right now am in NH.  Masks are few and far between.  I’m going to change my routines for the week.  Coffee and apple fritters are great but it’s not worth dealing with folks who aren’t careful.

New Hampshire is a major bastion of the “don’t tread on me” types. 

2 hours ago, Pragidealist said:

I really don't like these comparisons.   Each state is about as large as some countries.   State by state comparison would be better. It would show what we already know that red states with heavy GOP leadership followed countries with the same. (Brazil, England, etc)    Blue states followed comparisons of countries that have done better.    The full USA comparison to smaller countries just highlights are size more than success or failure. 

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison.   But even if we focus only on the US,  a state-by-state comparison really doesn't provide a truly accurate picture....maybe not even city-to-city or county-to-county.   

It's quite apparent that the infection and hospitalization rates are direct proportionate to population density.....but from what I've seen, it appears to be far more granular than the media coverage or most of the graphs and charts that are published.

My area (Chattanooga) is a perfect example.    In recent weeks, Chattanooga ranked as high as #2 on the New York Times list of fastest-growing COVID hotspots.    Awesome,  right?       But let's look closer.

Hamilton county has roughly 30 unique ZIP codes for Chattanooga and surrounding areas.    Of these 30 zones, 2/3 of the county's COVID infections come from only four ZIP codes, which include most of the city's lower-income areas and areas with lots of apartments or smaller houses built close together.    The other third of infections comes from the other 26 ZIP codes combined....including several areas that are well-populated but more spread out.    For this area, the hardest hit ZIP code has had 500+ infections, while the lower density areas further from downtown have very low numbers....single- or low-double-digits.    A few rural areas still have zero reported cases.

At the risk of stating the obvious.....it seems to me we could make enormous strides by focusing efforts on the areas with the highest concentrations.    But short of doing door-to-door testing on everyone and sanitizing everything....I have no idea how to go about doing it.

6 hours ago, Starkiller said:

New Hampshire is a major bastion of the “don’t tread on me” types. 

oh god the newspaper had a story about some dude who claimed to be an American Naturalized Citizen and thus immune to a court order to share video of himself arguing with a cop.