Virus in US

pat

2 hours ago, Denali said:

0.03 % is 3 in 10000.

Let's continue this little math lesson for you.

According to this:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

1686436 have been infected.

99300 have died. 

Now take the number that have died and divide by the number infected to get the rate.

Multiply that rate by 39 million and you get millions dead even if the rate goes down a bit.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

After hearing about all the infected hairstylists out there exposing clients in Missouri and the close quarters gatherings going on all over this weekend, plus stay at home orders ending across the country despite more cases now than ever, I’m betting on a big spike in cases over the next week or 2.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

After hearing about all the infected hairstylists out there exposing clients in Missouri and the close quarters gatherings going on all over this weekend, plus stay at home orders ending across the country despite more cases now than ever, I’m betting on a big spike in cases over the next week or 2.

Yeah, I'd say the declining numbers will soon be a thing of the past.

Not because businesses are opening back up, but because people are too stupid to act responsibly and observe simple guidelines.

1 hour ago, nine said:

Yeah, I'd say the declining numbers will soon be a thing of the past.

Not because businesses are opening back up, but because people are too stupid to act responsibly and observe simple guidelines.

So is all this talk about numbers climbing about deaths or people that are not in retirement homes getting the virus??? I really haven't seen many photos with people in their late 60's and above attending a lot of "Chinese Street Parties" lately... Or am I missing something about younger people not dying from this virus somewhere???

For instance, where I live the count has gone up about 25% in infected people by virus in the last 3 weeks --- it's now around 120 people with about 95 recovered but, there are still 0 deaths... So what are you telling me --- more virus, more deaths, or both --- and when does saving people's jobs and families outweigh locking people under 65 and without physical complications behind government restrictions??? Or do we just blow what Fauci said now off --- and screw people dying from od's, cancer, other reasons, things aren't getting taken care of, alcoholism, or does this just go on and on indefinitely??? Trump getting re-elected just scares the hell out of you doesn't it!!!

3 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

But muh freedomz!!!

I'm an American. I ain't wearing no goddamn liberal commie cloth over my face!

We can sure see where the racist resistance comes from... Teach your children to be lazy, seek handouts, have no pride, cheat, lie, steal, spy, and rat on your neighbors... It's the way of the democrats!!! Oh and be sure to stay inside and let the government run your life, tell you what to say, and tell you what to think, and the odds are always in your favor...    ?

14 hours ago, patsplat said:

@Denali you are very mistaken on this on.  It's a highly communicable respiratory virus that kills 1-5% of the people it infects.

Nobody has any immunity yet.  Everyone is a potential host.  The virus kills young and old.

Many people have said exactly what you are saying, and then months later hurriedly shutdown once people are dropping like flies.

Face it, the world is a different place.

If this is truly a medical pandemic like you say it is, then why is this thread in the politics forum?

22 minutes ago, Denali said:

If this is truly a medical pandemic like you say it is, then why is this thread in the politics forum?

This is weak and you know it.

Get yourself some PPE and take care of you and your own.

Vice President Mike Pence said he thinks the U.S. coronavirus outbreak could be over by the nation’s Memorial Day holiday on May 25.

“I truly do believe that if we all continue to do that kind of social distancing and other guidance broadly from federal and state officials, that we’re going to put this coronavirus in the past,” Pence said on Geraldo Rivera’s radio show Friday. “I believe by early June we’re going to see our nation largely past this epidemic.

“I think honestly, if you look at the trends today, that I think by Memorial Day weekend we will have this coronavirus epidemic behind us,” he added.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-24/pence-says-coronavirus-outbreak-could-be-over-by-memorial-day

When Pence said this on 4/24/20, there were 869K cases and under 50K deaths in the US.

34 minutes ago, patsplat said:

This is weak and you know it.

Well well.  Looks like I hit the nail on the head and struck a nerve.

Edited by Denali

2 hours ago, nine said:

It’s fun to go back and read through the first several pages of this thread, when the US had seen only a handful of confirmed cases.

Some of us nailed it, sadly.