Virus in US

pat

14 minutes ago, Rogue said:

At least 30% does, but a larger number is equally, or in the ball park as stupid. 

We argued before about how this country is equipped to deal with this.....it is not.  Imagine whatever leader you like, this country as a whole is not equipped to deal with this. Financially, economically, spiritually, intellectually, or honestly.  No leadership could negate this.  

Yes, Trump is shit, but this country, especially with its current political environment, is not capable of dealing with this.  Do you think if Obama ordered the CDC guidelines it would have been better?  Think about it.

This was going to happen, no matter who leadership was.  

If the right wing media had taken this seriously instead of labeling it as a hoax, no worse than the flu, and an attack on personal liberty then we would not be in this ridiculous mess. I don’t know if that qualifies as a political problem, a media problem, or what but the retards just blindly follow Fox and Rush. 

Honestly, if Obama has been president, maybe they would have taken it seriously as a way to attack him because people were dying. But then they also would have attacked him for his assault on personal liberties. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

If the right wing media had taken this seriously instead of labeling it as a hoax, no worse than the flu, and an attack on personal liberty then we would not be in this ridiculous mess. I don’t know if that qualifies as a political problem, a media problem, or what but the retards just blindly follow Fox and Rush. 

Honestly, if Obama has been president, maybe they would have taken it seriously as a way to attack him because people were dying. But then they also would have attacked him for his assault on personal liberties. 

More stupid fucking MSM horseshit spread by nutcase democrats with no clue --- like usual...

https://aapsonline.org/fda-bureaucrat-brags-he-blocked-physician-prescribing-of-hydroxychloroquine-in-early-covid-19/

Edited by thor

8 hours ago, patsplat said:

Learned another person I know died from COVID-19.  This virus is going to keep coming.

A family friend called yesterday to tell us her brother was found dead in his home.   He was in his early 50s....she told us he'd been self-quarantining for several days after being exposed to COVID, but she didn't know if he had become symptomatic...and that even if he had, he wouldn't have gone to a hospital because he didn't have insurance.   (Which didn't surprise me.  He was the type who would refuse to pay for insurance because he believed it was a racket and who would refuse medical care because he didn't trust doctors.   He was a very different cat.)

Since he had been exposed and was quarantining...at the very least, you'd think a test would be administered postmortem, right?    Nope.

Since the cause of death wasn't readily apparent, the county ME ruled it a heart attack and closed the book on it.   He refused to test the body for COVID, or to do an autopsy or toxicology report to see if there were other factors.    Of course,  no amount of testing or tox screening can bring him back....but the ME's refusal means his family will never know what killed him. 

It makes you wonder how many areas have adopted a head-in-the-sand approach to testing.   No test = no COVID.

I thought it was a good question. Wouldn't it be a good time to maybe do some infrastructure work....maybe some other programs to get people back to work.

Donald Trump Lashes Out At CBS News’ Paula Reid

Reid asked: “Mr. President, why haven’t you announced a plan to get 36 million unemployed Americans back to work? You are overseeing historic economic despair. What is the delay? Where is the plan?”

Trump responded, “Oh, I think we have announced a plan. We are opening up our country — just a rude person, you are......blah, blah

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/just-rude-person-donald-trump-203745607.html

6 hours ago, Rogue said:

At least 30% does, but a larger number is equally, or in the ball park as stupid. 

We argued before about how this country is equipped to deal with this.....it is not.  Imagine whatever leader you like, this country as a whole is not equipped to deal with this. Financially, economically, spiritually, intellectually, or honestly.  No leadership could negate this.  

Yes, Trump is shit, but this country, especially with its current political environment, is not capable of dealing with this.  Do you think if Obama ordered the CDC guidelines it would have been better?  Think about it.

This was going to happen, no matter who leadership was.  

The only way we would have been able to deal with this was with a Republican in office who took it seriously. The right would have them taken it seriously, just as the left. If Trump wasn’t an unmitigated disaster of a leader and human being this could have been contained. Too late. 

3 hours ago, nine said:

A family friend called yesterday to tell us her brother was found dead in his home.   He was in his early 50s....she told us he'd been self-quarantining for several days after being exposed to COVID, but she didn't know if he had become symptomatic...and that even if he had, he wouldn't have gone to a hospital because he didn't have insurance.   (Which didn't surprise me.  He was the type who would refuse to pay for insurance because he believed it was a racket and who would refuse medical care because he didn't trust doctors.   He was a very different cat.)

Since he had been exposed and was quarantining...at the very least, you'd think a test would be administered postmortem, right?    Nope.

Since the cause of death wasn't readily apparent, the county ME ruled it a heart attack and closed the book on it.   He refused to test the body for COVID, or to do an autopsy or toxicology report to see if there were other factors.    Of course,  no amount of testing or tox screening can bring him back....but the ME's refusal means his family will never know what killed him. 

It makes you wonder how many areas have adopted a head-in-the-sand approach to testing.   No test = no COVID.

The best part is how many fucking idiots continue to say the death count is too high, including top people in our government. Hell even Birx is a fraud. She told the CDC they were over counting the numbers and they basically told her to stfu. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

32 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Now would be the perfect time for a Green New Deal.  Put all that deficit spending to creating infrastructure for the future.

We have trillions in infrastructure spending that desperately needs to be done. Obama tried in the middle of the Great Recession and the GOP refused to fund it because they wanted to keep unemployment levels high.