Virus in US

pat

Populations. 
Italy. 60M. Most Deaths in world. 

China 1.4B

Virus started in China and they had to make the first try at containment/cure how ever you put it.  It just doesn’t make sense to me. 

It makes it hard for the rest of the world to prepare and plan for what’s coming. 

Edited by Number9

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

I’d ask how the federal response to and management of this crisis could possibly be so bad, but honestly this is kind of what we should expect when we elect a game show host to run the country. He is literally watching states pit themselves against each other while he picks winners and losers and is bragging about the TV ratings...

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Moral of this story? After this shit is over and things are back to normal, I'm moving to South Dafuckingkota. The upper western quadrant, to be exact, and imma rope that section off like a muthafucka.

Get tha fuck back, bitches. 

I guess if there is a moral to the story....I fear it's not only the larger cities that can be medically overwhelmed. These smaller rural places are equally as susceptible.  They just don't have the facilities to handle a major outbreak.  I mean shit, some of these regions have small hospitals that service multiple counties. 

It's not just the major cities that are at risk.

8 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I guess if there is a moral to the story....I fear it's not only the larger cities that can be medically overwhelmed. These smaller rural places are equally as susceptible.  They just don't have the facilities to handle a major outbreak.  I mean shit, some of these regions have small hospitals that service multiple counties. 

It's not just the major cities that are at risk.

Yeah, I know. I'm just trying to keep some sanity with levity.

49 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

This is just absolutely mind boggling. Either institute the Defense Production Act and become the first buyer so as to send devices to where they’re are needed or stay the hell out of the way. This middle ground is not only dangerous but is 100% illogical as you’re getting all of the drawbacks and none of the benefits. The states are still competing, raising prices. Now the Feds are sweeping up necessary supplies at a premium instead of a discount all the while leaving the states without the supplies they purchased and in direct competition with the Feds and other states. 

How could anyone think this makes an iota of sense? If they stay out of the way then the states are competing but the ones most affected are doing most of the purchasing and can get shipments directly. This doesn’t make sense, but more sense than the above. 

If the Feds institute the Defense Production Act then all of the states stop buying except in the margins and it is then up to the Feds to send the supplies to where they’re are most necessary. This option comes with the drawback that the Feds move slower and materials will not get there as quickly as in scenario one. 

What’s behind fort 3? A shitshow where the states are still competing at inflated rates yet now cannot get their supplies directly! Yeah, that’ll do the fucking trick!

On 3/28/2020 at 8:11 PM, Denali said:

That being said, let's look at what the formula predicts if the death rate ends up being unchanged (either because not enough was done to mitigate it, or even with mitigation, it remained unchanged anyway).

image.thumb.png.09c3b621acaf23970c1d4cf8b23957ce.png

image.png.cc06d52b790e3088971f5665a643e7c7.png

As I said, absolutely devastating.

My Formula:  9590

Actual:  8514

It definitely appears to be leveling out.  Yesterday was 500 less than my formula.  Today was over 1 thousand less than my formula. 

Do not expect the media or any of the experts to mention any of this.  They don't want to encourage people to stop following the lockdowns.

3 minutes ago, Denali said:

It definitely appears to be leveling out.  Yesterday was 500 less than my formula.  Today was over 1 thousand less than my formula. 

Do not expect the media or any of the experts to mention any of this.  They don't want to encourage people to stop following the lockdowns.

The experts won't mention any of this because it never made sense from the beginning of your shoddy analysis.

The media also won't mention it because even they aren't dumb enough to buy into it either.

9 minutes ago, Denali said:

Can't believe the media won't mention your personal Excel spreadsheet!!

5 hours ago, thor said:

I'm just curious... If Trump is so freaking stupid how was he making a billion dollars a year before running for President... On top of that, why has he been the one for years talking about US having manufacturing being sold out by uniparty and Chamber of Commerce to countries like China... Which we are finding out is absolutely correct... And finally, why has everyone been attacking Trump since election???  Try, at least try to be truthful...

He is a shitty businessman.

He's nothing without daddy's money. He is a tax evader and a fucking conman that refuses to pay his laborers what he agreed to before they started working.

Anyone that supports him is absolute scum of the earth.

Get his tiny dick out of your mouth.

42 minutes ago, Denali said:

Of course they don't - lockdowns are working world wide. The rate here in Aus is much lower now than it was 3 weeks ago. Why would they want to encourage people to stop?

Just damnit. 

Other officials have emerged during the crisis to help right the United States’ course, and at times, the statements of the president. But even as Fauci, Azar and others sought to assert themselves, Trump was behind the scenes turning to others with no credentials, experience or discernible insight in navigating a pandemic.

Foremost among them was his adviser and son-in-law, Jared Kushner. A team reporting to Kushner commandeered space on the seventh floor of the HHS building to pursue a series of inchoate initiatives.

One plan involved having Google create a website to direct those with symptoms to testing facilities that were supposed to spring up in Walmart parking lots across the country, but which never materialized. Another centered on an idea advanced by Oracle chairman Larry Ellison to use software to monitor the unproven use of anti-malaria drugs against the coronavirus pathogen.

So far, the plans have failed to come close to delivering on the promises made when they were touted in White House news conferences. The Kushner initiatives have, however, often interrupted the work of those under immense pressure to manage the U.S. response.

Current and former officials said that Kadlec, Fauci, Redfield and others have repeatedly had to divert their attentions from core operations to contend with ill-conceived requests from the White House they don’t believe they can ignore. And Azar, who once ran the response, has since been sidelined, with his agency disempowered in decision-making and his performance pilloried by a range of White House officials, including Kushner.

“Right now Fauci is trying to roll out the most ambitious clinical trial ever implemented” to hasten the development of a vaccine, said a former senior administration official in frequent touch with former colleagues. And yet, the nation’s top health officials “are getting calls from the White House or Jared’s team asking, ‘Wouldn’t it be nice to do this with Oracle

From the Washington Post. For some reason it isn’t linking. Incredible the ridiculousness of it all.