Virus in US

pat

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I guess all those Trump lawyers were too busy to handle their vital medical work?

Sen. Marsha Blackburn, a Republican from Tennessee, was spotted reading a book during the trial today.

She revealed on Twitter this afternoon what the book it is: Kimberley Strassel’s latest, "Resistance (At All Costs): How Trump Haters Are Breaking America."

"It provides good insights into today’s proceedings. Second – busy mamas are the best at multi-tasking. Try it," Senator Blackburn

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

Looks like Trump and GOP leadership are not aligned on more emergency spending.

BTW - situations like these are exactly why I was never a fan of the overly simplistic balanced budget amendments. LOL, remember those, when the GOP pretended to gaf about deficits?

President Trump on Tuesday encouraged Congress to pass a $2 trillion infrastructure bill as the next piece of legislation to boost the economy amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"With interest rates for the United States being at ZERO, this is the time to do our decades long awaited Infrastructure Bill," Trump tweeted.

"It should be VERY BIG & BOLD, Two Trillion Dollars, and be focused solely on jobs and rebuilding the once great infrastructure of our Country!"

I realize the virus hotspots mushroomed overnight to a certain extent, but we’re several days into this and to see a story like this is upsetting. Again this is just bad federal management and crappy tactical leadership.

Despite having committed to transferring 2,000 ventilators in military stocks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Health and Human Services to fight the coronavirus outbreak, the Pentagon has not shipped any of them because the agencies have not asked for them or provided a shipping location, the Pentagon's top logistics official said Tuesday.

In order to ship the badly needed equipment, the Defense Department has to be given a location to send them by civilian authorities who have to decide where the items are most needed. "There was discussion with HHS on where to send them. And then they said hey wait, we're trying to take a look at the demand that's required, and so we were asked to just wait while there was just some sorting through on that. And I won't speak on behalf of them, but we were in a position to provide 2,000," said Lt. General Giovanni Tuck.

Tuck said he had no details on the HHS decisions, but added that "we haven't provided any, because as of last night, we were asked to just hold on the ones that we have, and then we will push them when they're ready for them." He emphasized there are 1,000 ventilators fully ready to be shipped as soon as the Pentagon gets a destination of where to send them. The other 1,000 can also be assembled and shipped within days of getting the order he indicated.

Edited by begooode

3 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

President Trump task force sent wrong masks to Illinois:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/490306-illinois-governor-federal-government-sent-wrong-type-of-masks

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) on Monday said that his state received the wrong type of medical masks from the federal government in a shipment meant to equip medical professionals responding to the coronavirus pandemic.

"My team is sorting through the shipment of 300,000 N95 masks the White House personally told me would be sent to our state, and while we do not have a final count on this yet, I can say with certainty that what they sent were not the N95 masks that were promised but instead were surgical masks, which is not what we asked for," he said at a press conference, according to CNN, which noted that doctors wear the N95 masks when interacting with infected patients.

This is a total clown show.  How in the blue hell do you send the WRONG FUCKING ONES in a time of need?

This whole thing has been a shit show.  Germany is testing the hell out of their citizens and here we are saying you have to be in a full sweat and hacking to get a test.  No idea who to self quarantine at all.

12 minutes ago, rns90 said:

This is a total clown show.  How in the blue hell do you send the WRONG FUCKING ONES in a time of need?

Pentagon says it still hasn't sent ventilators because it hasn't been told where to send them

“Despite having committed to transferring 2,000 ventilators in military stocks to FEMA and the Department of Health and Human Services to fight the coronavirus outbreak, the Pentagon has not shipped any of them because the agencies have not asked for them or provided a shipping location,” CNN reports.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/pentagon-ventilators/index.html

Wash Post: Federal stockpile plagued by shortages and confusion.

States including Oklahoma and Kentucky have received more of some equipment than they requested, while others such as Illinois, Massachusetts and Maine have secured only a fraction of their requests.

Oklahoma received 120,000 face shields despite only requesting 16,000, according to the state’s health department. North Carolina, by contrast, requested 500,000 medical coveralls and received 306, state records show.

Pretty obvious the states that are blue (or have Dem Gov) are left to fend for themselves.  Pretty obvious that they can't rely on the federal government.  You'd be better off having some good samaratins produce masks then having the government ship them to you at this point.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Instead of selling prayer rags I want you all to know I’ll be selling antibodies and plasma. PM me. Give whatever you feel like, be it $91 or $900. Seed whatever money you feel comfortable. I’m accepting all donations on your behalf. 

How much plasma can you deliver in a 24 hour period without dying?