Virus in US

pat

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Yeah.  About 20 something years ago.  Inexperienced doctor.  I can handle pain but that hurt like a bitch.  LOL

Almost 2 years since I had one that way. Didn't need to piss and wasn't going to waste my day waiting. 

Definitely not pleasant but the nurse knew what she was doing, thankfully.

Edited by WG53

1 minute ago, WG53 said:

Almost 2 years since I had one that way. Didn't need to piss and wasn't going to waste my day waiting. 

Definitely not pleasant but the nurse knew what she was doing, thankfully.

I was negative and didn't even need the test.  That was my second experience with negligent health care.  First was a nurse at an eye doctor who wanted to give me a glaucoma test when I was there with shrapnel in my eye.  I basically told her to fuck off, I was 22 years old and pretty sure I didn't have glaucoma.

Suspected SARS virus and flu samples found in luggage of Chinese citizen traveling to the U.S. from China

WASHINGTON — In late November 2018, just over a year before the first coronavirus case was identified in Wuhan, China, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at Detroit Metro Airport stopped a Chinese biologist with three vials labeled “Antibodies” in his luggage. 

The biologist told the agents that a colleague in China had asked him to deliver the vials to a researcher at a U.S. institute. After examining the vials, however, customs agents came to an alarming conclusion.

“Inspection of the writing on the vials and the stated recipient led inspection personnel to believe the materials contained within the vials may be viable Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) materials,” says an unclassified FBI tactical intelligence report obtained by Yahoo News.

The report, written by the Chemical and Biological Intelligence Unit of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate (WMDD), does not give the name of the Chinese scientist carrying the suspected SARS and MERS samples, or the intended recipient in the U.S. But the FBI concluded that the incident, and two other cases cited in the report, were part of an alarming pattern.

The Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate assesses foreign scientific researchers who transport undeclared and undocumented biological materials into the United States in their personal carry-on and/or checked luggage almost certainly present a US biosecurity risk,” reads the report. “The WMDD makes this assessment with high confidence based on liaison reporting with direct access.”

The report, which came out more than two months before the World Health Organization learned of a cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan that turned out to be COVID-19, appears to be part of a larger FBI concern about China’s involvement with scientific research in the U.S. While the report refers broadly to foreign researchers, all three cases cited involve Chinese nationals.

In the case of the suspected SARS and MERS vials, the intelligence report cites another classified document that is marked “FISA,” meaning it contains information collected under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Retired Air Force Brig. Gen. Robert Spalding, who worked on China issues on the National Security Council under the Trump administration, said “there is a threat” posed by Chinese nationals carrying biological samples but believes it’s “likely the carrier ... would be someone who is unwitting,” making it hard to determine the intent. “Some likely could be deliberate, to test our ability to identify and intercept. Others could be opportunistic,” he said.

Concerns about Chinese biosafety are not new. For example, the SARS outbreak in 2003 was followed by several incidents of infections caused by laboratory accidents, including eight cases that resulted from mishandling at the Chinese Institute of Virology in Beijing.

“There have been cases in the past where a variant of some kind of flu pandemic had escaped from a laboratory because of mismanagement,” said Elsa Kania, an adjunct senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security. 

Edited by Denali

On 3/28/2020 at 8:11 PM, Denali said:

That being said, let's look at what the formula predicts if the death rate ends up being unchanged (either because not enough was done to mitigate it, or even with mitigation, it remained unchanged anyway).

image.thumb.png.09c3b621acaf23970c1d4cf8b23957ce.png

image.png.cc06d52b790e3088971f5665a643e7c7.png

As I said, absolutely devastating.

So, after the first 3 days, the number of actual deaths is unfortunately following my formula.

My formula predicted 3143 deaths, and the actual number is 3180 (https://infection2020.com/)

Today will be very telling, as my formula predicts an additional 785 deaths to bring the total to 3928.  If the actual numbers continue to follow my formula,  it will start to get really ugly very quickly, and the public will panic even more.

By the way, the total number of deaths has now surpassed 9/11.

Edited by Denali

4 hours ago, Denali said:

So, after the first 3 days, the number of actual deaths is unfortunately following my formula.

My formula predicted 3143 deaths, and the actual number is 3180 (https://infection2020.com/)

Today will be very telling, as my formula predicts an additional 785 deaths to bring the total to 3928.  If the actual numbers continue to follow my formula,  it will start to get really ugly very quickly, and the public will panic even more.

By the way, the total number of deaths has now surpassed 9/11.

You have now been officially dubbed Doctor Death! :65_mask:  Let's see how the Denali death model numbers go from here...

A New Orleans official said the city is readying for an uptick in coronavirus-related deaths. There are currently 1,480 coronavirus cases and 86 deaths in New Orleans. 

In a community of about 400,000 people, the Louisiana city is tracking at about 5% mortality rate, Collin Arnold, director of the New Orleans Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, said.

“That’s high. And our population has a higher rate of underlying health conditions. We're preparing for a significant amount of hospitalizations and unfortunately, a corresponding significant amount of deaths,” Arnold said.

President Trump task force sent wrong masks to Illinois:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/490306-illinois-governor-federal-government-sent-wrong-type-of-masks

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) on Monday said that his state received the wrong type of medical masks from the federal government in a shipment meant to equip medical professionals responding to the coronavirus pandemic.

"My team is sorting through the shipment of 300,000 N95 masks the White House personally told me would be sent to our state, and while we do not have a final count on this yet, I can say with certainty that what they sent were not the N95 masks that were promised but instead were surgical masks, which is not what we asked for," he said at a press conference, according to CNN, which noted that doctors wear the N95 masks when interacting with infected patients.

17 hours ago, begooode said:

Encouraging:

How many people die after being infected with the novel coronavirus? Fewer than previously calculated, according to a study released Monday, but still more than die from the flu. The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, estimated that about 0.66% of those infected with the virus will die.

That coronavirus death rate, which is lower than earlier estimates, takes into account potentially milder cases that often go undiagnosed -- but it's still far higher than the 0.1% of people who are killed by the flu.

When undetected infections aren't taken into account, the Lancet study found that the coronavirus death rate was 1.38%, which is more consistent with earlier reports.

Great news overall. But for that last point.. i'm not sure the math actually adds up when you see confirmed cases:death. Also, you cant add China in there. 

Yep, GOP leadership is all about excuses and feeding the vilification needs of their propaganda machine. They cannot lead in the Trump era because they are too busy covering for him:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday blamed the Democrats’ push to impeach President Trump in January for distracting the Trump administration from the threat posed by the coronavirus.

“It came up while we were tied down in the impeachment trial. And I think it diverted the attention of the government because everything every day was all about impeachment,” McConnell said in an interview on “The Hugh Hewitt Show.”

24 minutes ago, begooode said:

Yep, GOP leadership is all about excuses and feeding the vilification needs of their propaganda machine. They cannot lead in the Trump era because they are too busy covering for him:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday blamed the Democrats’ push to impeach President Trump in January for distracting the Trump administration from the threat posed by the coronavirus.

“It came up while we were tied down in the impeachment trial. And I think it diverted the attention of the government because everything every day was all about impeachment,” McConnell said in an interview on “The Hugh Hewitt Show.”

I guess all those Trump lawyers were too busy to handle their vital medical work?