Virus in US

pat

5 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

China's stats aren't overly credible and they actually locked down, which is admittedly easier for them given the nature of their government, and they had a better response in terms of testing and throwing up hospitals and resources.

Italy also locked down ... and is 5-6x smaller ... and locked down long before the point we're at ... and they're not nearly done. This will be a prolonged crisis in the US because the crisis management is disjointed and the population is far more spread out. There will be a cascade of spikes over time in the US, as cross infections occur and random pockets surge independent of the national trend.

I think its possible if the right conditions are met. My issue is the media running with it. Faulci hedged his comments by talking about Models and how they are based on assumptions. Even Birx has said as much multiple times. Its possible they had to use these numbers to get through to Trump and as a secondary target, the idiots who aren't taking this seriously.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The problem with this theory is in the details

1. How many people live in Hubei province?

2. The global mortality rate is currently 4.7%. half of those are in Spain and Italy

3. US mortaility rate is currently 1.8%

4. The virus is already everywhere around the globe

I want to see data, not media reports running with hypothetical statements made by Faulci and Birx.

China isn’t going to produce data you can automatically trust. 

But that aside, it started there. People probably died of causes not then attributed to coronavirus. People were infected but no one knew what they had. The numbers they have aren’t going to be accurate. 

There were indications from a tracking service, which monitors political message boards, that Trump's approval bounce had significantly shifted back down the last several days.  New polls are now confirming it.  Rasmussen, which generally leans more favorable for him, has him at - 9 (9 net disapproval) in its latest release today. 

Now YouGov has him at -12. 

So as the crisis grows, he might hit the lowest number seen in his presidency which would mean he is losing margins of his base.  If this trend holds, there is no telling how crazy he will get.  

Edited by 9 Nines

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

VA shelter in place until June 10th. Well that sucks.... specifically calls out those who aren't taking it seriously.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/coronavirus/virginia-gov-northam-issues-stay-at-home-order/2258486/

June 10th, Wow. That is going to be devastating financially and economically for a lot of people. I imagine other states will eventually do the same.

Edited by Former_Fan

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

The problem with this theory is in the details

1. How many people live in Hubei province?

2. The global mortality rate is currently 4.7%. half of those are in Spain and Italy

3. US mortaility rate is currently 1.8%

4. The virus is already everywhere around the globe

I want to see data, not media reports running with hypothetical statements made by Faulci and Birx.

NY mortality rate is going up.  This is going to be a grim week.  Now the death counts are notably growing day to day.

There are multiple outbreaks following on NY's foot heels.

Imagine the US as being akin to Europe with every country having an Italian scale outbreak.

https://www.theonion.com/psychologists-so-called-dr-fauci-just-a-figment-of-1842563810

WASHINGTON—Revealing that the mental projection represented the combined hopes and needs of a deeply unsettled populace, psychology experts announced Monday that the figure referred to by Americans as “Dr. Anthony Fauci” was merely a figment of the nation’s collective imagination. “In trying times like these, it’s natural for the public to seek out a clear source of expertise and authority, and, in lacking that, to dream up an illusory figure like Dr. Fauci to help comfort them through this stressful period,” said American Psychological Association President Sandra Shullman, telling reporters that her organization first noted the physician’s chimerical nature when they observed subjects repeatedly pointing to a television screen displaying an empty podium in the White House briefing room and saying they were thankful Dr. Fauci was there to provide some much-needed context. “What’s incredible is how realistic some of these mass hallucinations are. Millions of Americans speak to each other as if they once saw Dr. Fauci in a one-on-one interview on CNN, when in reality, what they saw was Jake Tapper talking to an empty chair for nearly six minutes. With that said, there’s nothing wrong with these delusions in particular. It’s similar to how a child might construct an imaginary friend to get through difficulties in their life.” Shullman went on to stress that this was not even the first incident of such a widespread mental chimera, noting that the purely fictional Special Counsel Robert Mueller also once dominated the country’s troubled consciousness.

?

6 hours ago, Come on Titans said:

really hated to see this one....

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/john-prine-covid-19-symptoms-974909/

John Prine Hospitalized With COVID-19 Symptoms: ‘His Situation Is Critical’

John is a very close family friend. He has had such health issues that it's obviously not a great situation. He's stable today but I'm really expecting the worst. John is the reason I'm a Titans fan and has flown me and my family to Nashville multiple times.

4 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

John is a very close family friend. He has had such health issues that it's obviously not a great situation. He's stable today but I'm really expecting the worst. John is the reason I'm a Titans fan and has flown me and my family to Nashville multiple times.

I only heard of him less than 6months ago. A guy with Nashville connections who owns a guitar shop less than 30min from me gave me grief -- You don't know John Prine?!  This world is too small sometimes.

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

The only positive of this disaster is that as researchers scramble for a vaccine, we have heard nothing from the nut jobs railing about autism. I hope they are forever marginalized. 

what's weird was that anti-vaxers ever got mainstreamed at all.