Virus in US

pat

44 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

So if corporations are people, why don’t we give each of them $1200?

Some of them will get way more than that, although it may take a while to find out because Trump is saying he won't comply with oversight laws.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

Democrats are freaking nuts... Cuomo crying about NY Metro area possibly being quarantined by Trump... says it would be a  "declaration of war" --- lol --- this nutcase just quarantined New Rochelle - nutcase is also crying about RI dem governor using National Guard to keep NY  out until quarantined...

This is the guy you nitwits will be led into backing --- you're freaking idiot lemmings... 1,2,3 jump...  LOL!!!

image.png.b8fde37b2bce67dbb10e8522c02979b1.png

Edited by thor

2 hours ago, thor said:

Traitor is a hell of a word for any democrat to throw around... After all it is dem suckers that sold America out to China... You can take your snowflakes and thank the CoC and Donahue for selling manufacturing and jobs out... I wonder who caught the mf'ers pulling the Wall Street 2 step... Traitors!!!

Oh shut the fuck up.

Companies willingly moved their jobs overseas as they didn't want to pay Americans living wages. 

4 hours ago, Denali said:

Number coming out today is so far matching closely with this formula - last I looked, 1997 total dead and counting.

Here's a table of the predicted total number of deaths per day to give an idea as to whether it is getting better or worse than the predictions above:

This is for the next two weeks, starting from yesterday:

image.png.e292ed95b3a7684a841f1d9aad63cc03.png

I hope it ends up being a lot less than what this shows.  It gets way way uglier beyond two weeks.

Another thing to keep in mind is to compare this to the H1N1 virus.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 12,469 deaths in the United States due to the H1N1 virus. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_in_the_United_States)

In the next two weeks, we should know whether or not the coronavirus is worse than the H1N1 virus.  If the total number of deaths end up being way less, then it would appear that this has all been a massive overreaction.

We shall see.

12 minutes ago, Denali said:

Another thing to keep in mind is to compare this to the H1N1 virus.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 12,469 deaths in the United States due to the H1N1 virus. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_in_the_United_States)

In the next two weeks, we should know whether or not the coronavirus is worse than the H1N1 virus.  If the total number of deaths end up being way less, then it would appear that this has all been a massive overreaction.

We shall see.

You are comparing 2000 deaths in just a month in a still growing epidemic vs 12000 over a full year and you can’t figure out which one is worse yet???

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

You are comparing 2000 deaths in just a month in a still growing epidemic vs 12000 over a full year and you can’t figure out which one is worse yet???

Just going purely by total numbers, but yes, I agree that Coronavirus will most likely end up being worse.

But it isn't worse until its worse.

1 minute ago, OzTitan said:

This thinking reminds me of Y2K and how laymen seem to believe it was all a big overreaction. The reality is people worked hard to make it a mostly non-event, leading up to it. So the reaction was appropriate, although perhaps not the media and public reaction.

The death rates seem pretty clear at this point, so we at least know that without serious intervention or some major external influence it is very likely the deaths will eclipse that number. So if it does end up being less, then that would indicate to me it wasn't an overreaction, but the right reaction to cause the right response. Frankly I can't see how the US can achieve that now but there is still time on the clock.

I will say though, the reaction to COVID-19 has been strange in a lot of ways, particularly how it seems like nobody, from the general public to elected officials, have any real lessons learned or experience from the past making a positive impact. At least that's how it seems to me - not only like this is the first pandemic ever but that the concept was completely foreign entirely.

"In the next two weeks, we should know whether or not the coronavirus is worse than the H1N1 virus. "

What part of that statement did you not understand?

I put together a formula and numbers that predicts that the coronavirus will be way way way worse than H1N1.  But its only a prediction.

Lets see what happens.

Just now, Denali said:

"In the next two weeks, we should know whether or not the coronavirus is worse than the H1N1 virus. "

What part of that statement did you not understand?

I put together a formula and numbers that predicts that the coronavirus will be way way way worse than H1N1.  But its only a prediction.

Lets see what happens.

The part where you said we'll know whether it was an overreaction. No, if it ends up being less, then that would very likely be *because* of the reaction. We don't know what it would have been like if the reaction was nothing at all.