Virus in US

pat

29 minutes ago, thor said:

Well at least she spoke up against that bullshit unnecessary spending. 25 million to fund an art center, and $1200 for American citizens, which doesn't even pay an average Morgage. Absolute shame .

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

Hopefully this trend continues.  Truth and facts for the win!!

More Now Disapprove of Trump on Pandemic

March 28, 2020 at 10:12 am EDT

A Navigator tracking poll finds President Trump is now under water on his handling of the coronavirus outbreak — this week, Trump saw a 13-point swing in his net approval on his handling of the pandemic, from 52% to 42% (+10) to 47% to 50% (-3).

Key finding: “Trump is wildly out of step with Americans with his new push to relax social distancing. Only 5% say we should roll back precautions, even at the expense of economic losses, while 74% say we should wait however long it takes for public health experts to say it’s safe, including 70% of Republicans.”

Axios: Minnesota swing voters balk at Trump’s Easter deadline.

48 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Well at least she spoke up against that bullshit unnecessary spending. 25 million to fund an art center, and $1200 for American citizens, which doesn't even pay an average Morgage. Absolute shame .

I guarantee that $1200 number being as low as it is has nothing to do with the arts.

2 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

I have heard that intravenous vitamin C works much better medically. Some people even use it in cancer protocols. Namely in countries besides the US that don't want to get rich off your treatments.

You always hear reports from the "experts" that it doesn't do much, but those are the same people who want you to live off their expensive drugs. Vitamin C is an antioxidant. I personally take 3 grams a day of it, and have for years, and I can say for me personally I don't sick as much and recover better from workouts at the gym.

Vitamin C for cancer, and most ailments in general is conspiracy horseshit with no efficacy. Unless you have a deficiency. 

Mega doses don't work for cancer. Studies have been done. Of course if you are a conspiracy person then it's all a part of an all encompassing conspiracy.  

23 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

Vitamin C for cancer, and most ailments in general is conspiracy horseshit with no efficacy. Unless you have a deficiency. 

Mega doses don't work for cancer. Studies have been done. Of course if you are a conspiracy person then it's all a part of an all encompassing conspiracy.  

The whole thing with megadosing vitamin C is a lot like the idea that carrots give you better night eyesight. Its based on anecdotal “knowledge” but no scientific evidence.

The carrots thing was invented by the British during WW2 as a way to explain away how they shot down so many German planes in night raids. But the truth was they had developed a superior radar system and they were just trying to keep that secret from the Nazis. And yet it was still taught to children as fact decades. It was when I was a kid and I expect it is still today.

26 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The whole thing with megadosing vitamin C is a lot like the idea that carrots give you better night eyesight. Its based on anecdotal “knowledge” but no scientific evidence.

The carrots thing was invented by the British during WW2 as a way to explain away how they shot down so many German planes in night raids. But the truth was they had developed a superior radar system and they were just trying to keep that secret from the Nazis. And yet it was still taught to children as fact decades. It was when I was a kid and I expect it is still today.

Actually there is a ton of evidence showing benefit to vitamin C protocols.  But our medical industry hates it because it is cheap, so they can't make money off it.

President Trump is imposing a quarantine on New York for two weeks. Governor Cuomo knows nothing about it.

So the President of the USA is imposing something on a state without consenting with its governor??????????

Could you imagine if President Obama did this.  Some of the same fools who will cheer this, would have taken up arms. 

24 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Actually there is a ton of evidence showing benefit to vitamin C protocols.  But our medical industry hates it because it is cheap, so they can't make money off it.

Show me a clinical study that backs this up...

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/expert-answers/alternative-cancer-treatment/faq-20057968

Interest in using very high doses of vitamin C as a cancer treatment began as long ago as the 1970s when it was discovered that some properties of the vitamin may make it toxic to cancer cells. Initial studies in humans had promising results, but these studies were later found to be flawed.

Subsequent well-designed, randomized, controlled trials of vitamin C in pill form found no such benefits for people with cancer. Despite the lack of evidence, some alternative medicine practitioners continue to recommend high doses of vitamin C for cancer treatment.

More recently, vitamin C given through a vein (intravenously) has been found to have different effects than vitamin C taken in pill form. This has prompted renewed interest in the use of vitamin C as a cancer treatment.

There's still no evidence that vitamin C alone can cure cancer, but researchers are studying whether it might boost the effectiveness of other cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy, or reduce treatment side effects.

There are still no large, controlled clinical trials that have shown a substantial effect of vitamin C on cancer, but some preliminary studies do suggest there may be a benefit to combining standard treatments with high-dose IV vitamin C. Until clinical trials are completed, it's premature to determine what role vitamin C may play in the treatment of cancer.

Edited by Starkiller

9 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Perhaps it is just me but I think if President Trump could not handle Puerto Rico hurricane needs, how can he handle the whole nation's ongoing virus

Trump didn’t give a fuck about Puerto Rico. They aren’t white and they don’t vote for president.

Edited by Starkiller

Maximum penalties for any of these soulless bastards, please:

The federal government hasn't issued a single stimulus check yet, but scammers are already trying to steal the money from Americans.

These criminal efforts are prompting the Federal Bureau of Investigation, multiple state attorneys general and other agencies to warn Americans not to fall for phone calls, texts, emails or websites that ask for personal or financial information in order to receive the $1,200 federal payment.

"If someone claims to be from the government with a check for you, it may be a phishing scam that is illegally trying to obtain your bank account or other personal information," New York Attorney General Letitia James said in a statement Saturday.   "Do not pay anyone who promises that they can expedite or obtain a payment or a loan for you," James continued. "If you are eligible for relief, you will not need to make any up-front payment or pay any fee to receive a stimulus payment."

Over 200 people died yesterday in NY.

Hospitalizations and ICU admissions tweaked downwards.  One can hope that state wide staying at home is showing its effect.  Have to wait till tomorrow to see if it becomes a trend before really getting my hopes up.