Virus in US

pat

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

3 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

It seems that something changed this weekend - tipping point of concern. 

I went to Walmart yesterday and it had less shopper than weekday mornings and many shelves bare.    Whole Foods, this morning right before Noon which is usually pretty busy, had few shoppers.  Same with Kroger this morning. 

It hit the airlines late in the week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/almost-without-precedent-airlines-hit-hard-by-coronavirus/ar-BB10Nz4R?ocid=spartandhp

On 3/6/2020 at 5:51 AM, ctm said:

The White House has admitted that the federal government will not be able to keep its promise to deliver enough coronavirus test kits for 1 million people by the end of the week.

Vice President Mike Pence, who is leading the federal government's coronavirus response, made the admission on Thursday while visiting a factory in Minnesota, the BBC reported.

He said: "We don't have enough tests today to meet what we anticipate will be the demand going forward.

Distribution of around 200 CDC test kits to "select" laboratories began on Thursday, with each one having the capacity to test 700-800 patients, according to the CDC. They have been produced under emergency legislation that allows them to be used prior to clearance or approval by the FDA. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-says-will-fail-1m-goal-coronavirus-test-kits-2020-3

But why do we need tests? Trump says we have the virus NEARLY 100% contained (well almost nearly) and he is a self professed expert on it. 

2 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

But why do we need tests? Trump says we have the virus NEARLY 100% contained (well almost nearly) and he is a self professed expert on it. 

It's a hoax.

4 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Stock futures are almost down 4%.  I am not sure what the limit is to where it can open but it might be near limits. 

In 2008 the Dow went to 6.6k after a high of 14.4k.  I'd say we have a ways down to go.

4 minutes ago, patsplat said:

In 2008 the Dow went to 6.6k after a high of 14.4k.  I'd say we have a ways down to go.

I mean circuit breaker rules on bids etc.  It could keep going down but bids will get rejected to keep it from going in free-fall.  I think there is a low limit that a market can open - lower bids and asks are rejected or something. 

57 minutes ago, ctm said:

It's a hoax.

How little social awareness do you need to have to talk like that, have people react like that, and not realize you are being laughed at, pitied, thought of as an idiot.

20 minutes ago, scine09 said:

This virus thing is the low point in the Trump presidency.  IMO.  And he’s had a lot of moments that could qualify.

Trump hasn't seen anything yet.  Putin just bent him over and reamed him.  Read the oil price thread and the details of the articles.

24 minutes ago, ctm said:

Trump hasn't seen anything yet.  Putin just bent him over and reamed him.  Read the oil price thread and the details of the articles.

Russia would not go along with production cuts that OPEC wanted, now instead of cuts OPEC is going to flood markets with oil.  Russia does seem to have done anything. 

oh poop.JPG

It is starting to ramp up rapidly...

Dow futures currently at -1200 for tomorrow morning...

Also, Columbus Costco was out of TP today and were only allowing 2 cases bottled water per customer.

Seems the run is on...good thing I stocked up 2 weeks ago...

Edited by ChemEngr79