Virus in US

pat

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The Federal Reserve cut interest rates by 50 basis points in an impromptu meeting on Tuesday as a response to the coronavirus. 

And the market is down sharply which is very unusual following a rate cut.  Every economist that I read says that you can't fix the threat to the economy from the virus with rate cuts, tax cuts, fiscal stimulus, etc.  The medical issue has to be resolved first.

7 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Oh that's right Trump is not a negro. 

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Racist?

Yep. Take that stuff back to the Fox News message boards.

3 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

Just place them all on ignore. Tux, Rolltide and Thor being on ignore turned this forum into an ok place again.

Its amazing what 3 shitty posters can do to derail conversations.

So basically an online genocide?  Done!

8 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

Just place them all on ignore. Tux, Rolltide and Thor being on ignore turned this forum into an ok place again.

Its amazing what 3 shitty posters can do to derail conversations.

I do not miss any of their political posts...It really cleans up the threads.

9 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Today's update:

• More people dead
  • Infections spreading
  • Death rate exceeds the flu
  • In addition to the death rate, 5% of people don't die but end up somewhat disabled with organ failure, etc.

Scary stuff. All this talk about more people dying from the flu, but the death rate is 1 % from the common flu and up to 3.1 % for Coronavirus, and that will probably continue to climb. 

I do wonder if the upcoming warmer weather will help kill off Coronavirus the way it does with the flu? If it doesn't we will have a huge problem on our hands.

1 minute ago, Former_Fan said:

I do wonder if the upcoming warmer weather will help kill off Coronavirus the way it does with the flu? If it doesn't we will have a huge problem on our hands.

This is something I am wondering as well.

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

This is something I am wondering as well.

I did not know the details so just researched it:  https://www.verywellhealth.com/when-is-common-cold-season-770443

People huddle indoors during Winter spreading germs more;

Shorter days means less vitamin D which means weaker immune systems;

Dryer air, especially indoors with heaters, dries out nasal passages which allows virus to enter the host easier.

56 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Scary stuff. All this talk about more people dying from the flu, but the death rate is 1 % from the common flu and up to 3.1 % for Coronavirus, and that will probably continue to climb. 

I think you'll see the mortality rate fall. Been saying it for weeks. There are likely hundreds of thousands undocumented cases.