Virus in US

pat

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

Wash hands

49 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So the other thread that was made regarding it wasn't to your liking?

It's not Virus in China.  Now the virus is in the United States.  Because the State Dept flew it back.  The xenophobic focus on China is a waste of time.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Not the only ones....

Funny that having China in the title didn't stop anyone else from talking about it making it's way to the US. And it's funny that you're so anal about what country is in the title yet you dumb coronavirus down to just "virus". 

Nice duplicate thread. 

I'm surprised you care about coronavirus.  Only 2 out of every 100 who get it die.  That's way less than smoking.

This highly contagious virus has been killing about 3 to 4 % of all those infected and has spread into the US, and all anyone can talk about is politics and pointing the blame on politicians in the opposing party.

Yes, we are fucked.

Nashville has a population of about 700,000 people.  Even if everyone were not infected you could still be looking at something like 5,000 to 10,000 people dying from this virus.

Perspective, people.

Edited by Denali

The risk to the global economy and the US economy is real.  Business can't function normally with huge quarantines, restricted travel and supply chains disrupted.  Until the medical issue is resolved, we don't know where the bottom is for the economy.

2 hours ago, patsplat said:

CDC has done < 500 tests.  This is much closer to the Iran response level.

Part of the problem was the testing was inefficient because no one other than the CDC was equipped to test.  Medical providers were having to send samples to the CDC in Atlanta and wait a few days for results.

The CDC recently sent test kits to various cities so to enable local testing with faster results.

1 hour ago, Denali said:

This highly contagious virus has been killing about 3 to 4 % of all those infected and has spread into the US, and all anyone can talk about is politics and pointing the blame on politicians in the opposing party.

Yes, we are fucked.

Nashville has a population of about 700,000 people.  Imagine 5,000 to 10,000 people dying from this virus.

Perspective, people.

Jfc you suck at math. The mortality rate is 2% and it's likely much lower since there are a ton of undocumented cases.

41 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Jfc you suck at math. The mortality rate is 2% and it's likely much lower since there are a ton of undocumented cases.

You're assuming that I had intended to assume that every person was infected.

I am taking into account that NOT everyone is infected (and I assumed even if only half the people were infected, the number of deaths would still be sobering).  But right now we do not know the average percentage of people that get infected with the virus.

If it were the case that every person in Nashville were infected, then you would be talking about approximately 25K people dead.

I should have been clearer.  I edited the post to clarify what I had meant.

I was just trying to put together some numbers to give an idea of what we might be up against.  3 to 4 percent mortality rate is fucking huge.

I mean imagine you work at a decent size company and you have 1000 co-workers.  If everyone got sick, that would mean 30 - 40 of your co-workers would die.  Yikes.

Edited by Denali

Gotta love America

Although this guy is just getting what he paid for, Thanks Trump!

But two weeks later, Azcue got unwelcome news in the form of a notice from his insurance company about a claim for $3,270.

In 2018, President Donald Trump’s administration rolled back Affordable Care Act regulations and allowed so-called “junk plans” in the market. Consumers mistakenly assume that the plans with lower monthly costs will be better than no insurance at all in case of a medical catastrophe, but often the plans aren’t very different from going without insurance altogether.

Hospital officials at Jackson told the Miami Herald that, based on his insurance, Azcue would only be responsible for $1,400 of that bill, but Azcue said he heard from his insurer that he would also have to provide additional documentation: three years of medical records to prove that the flu he got didn’t relate to a preexisting condition.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/health-care/article240476806.html