Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Titans Pre-Draft Visits/Meeting Tracker

I can't imagine how bad it would have sucked had they postponed free agency

Hopefully all the picks hug Goodell repeatedly!

Bet there are a few draft prospect that are now wishing they didn't skip all star games and combine workouts now pro days/medicals have been shut down by the NFL, guys with medical/character red flags and guys with incomplete testing numbers could see varying degrees of sliding in this draft, especially if the NFL sticks with the current late April scheduling.

Think teams will really push hard to get the draft pushed back now they can't get updated medical information on players.

28 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Bet there are a few draft prospect that are now wishing they didn't skip all star games and combine workouts now pro days/medicals have been shut down by the NFL, guys with medical/character red flags and guys with incomplete testing numbers could see varying degrees of sliding in this draft, especially if the NFL sticks with the current late April scheduling.

Think teams will really push hard to get the draft pushed back now they can't get updated medical information on players.

Cough cough Tyler Johnson cough cough 

It is one thing when you are a super stud and the combine won't gain much for you (not many in that category)  but when you are a guy who needs to prove something you need to be out there for the all star games and combine to show your stuff.  Show you are a play maker and coachable.  

4 hours ago, Soxcat said:

I still see mock drafts with A.J. Epenesa falling to us.  Not sure we can pass him up even if we sign Clowney because he is so scheme diverse.  

I think Epenesa would be a no brainer if he falls that far.

Like I said, he is not a edge he is a defensive line guy. Sure stand him up now and again as we did will casey but he is not a olb in our system.

Edit: that is not me saying he is bad that just a opinion on his ability.

Edited by Callidus

7 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Like I said, he is not a edge he is a defensive line guy. Sure stand him up now and again as we did will casey but he is not a olb in our system.

Edit: that is not me saying he is bad that just a opinion on his ability.

He'd literally be used in our system the exact same way as Trey Flowers or Clowney, they're highly similar players and they play a lot at OLB. 

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

He'd literally be used in our system the exact same way as Trey Flowers or Clowney, they're highly similar players and they play a lot at OLB. 

I dont see that. It would be asking a guy like Reggie white to play standing up or Strahan(sp?) Or Calais. They might be able to do it but it is a total waste of what they are best at. 

5 minutes ago, Callidus said:

I dont see that. It would be asking a guy like Reggie white to play standing up or Strahan(sp?) Or Calais. They might be able to do it but it is a total waste of what they are best at. 

Yep, welcome to the New England defense and the Texans defense under Vrabel. it's called a multiple front where they have a big DL type guy to move around from OLB to DL to blitzing ILB. That's what they drafted Dodd for, but obviously he wasn't up to the challenge of being an NFL player. 

Vrabel calls it the "diamond" front and it's a cornerstone of the defense he wants to run. That's why he had Casey playing so much 9 technique and stand up rushing last year

Clowney would actually be replacing Casey's role as much as he'd be replacing Correa's. 

Calais isn't really a good comparison btw, he's a lot bigger than guys like Strahan or Reggie White. 

Edited by tgo