Titans Pre-Draft Visits/Meeting Tracker

titanskick8851

6 hours ago, Soxcat said:

If JRob can draft another AJ Brown like WR as a play maker it isn't even debatable he should pull the trigger.  With the right cast of playmakers (and Davis isn't one) we can score with anyone.  Everyone is focused on next year but drafts are looking further ahead.  Davis will be gone after this year.

It all comes down to getting the best players we can.  IF WR is that guy I have no problem drafting one.

AJ Brown was highest in yards after contact vs expected yards after contact in the NFL by a wide margin.  If that's your expectation, get real.  Davis was still top 10 in this regard.  Brown is just on a different level than anyone else, and it's pretty ridiculous to think that we'll be able to add someone else like him.  It's a waste to add a receiver when we have perfectly capable ones who have proven they could be far more productive with more opportunities than they saw last year.

Edited by abc2330

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They need a RB to replace Lewis in the 11 personnel packages. That's not even in direct competition with Henry, they almost play different positions and have different roles. They could announce a 4 y

Just the price of business if you have a good roster    Better than the scenario under Webster/Tommy. 

Posted Images

The particular "playmaking" skill that you are referring to that Brown has is extremely rare.  Nobody else in the league was even close.  Nobody else within the last 4 years was even remotely close to his YAC over expected, when they started measuring it.  "Another AJ Brown" is like another Aaron Rodgers, another JJ Watt, etc. if we're just going off of his one year sample size and the playmaking skill that you are referring to.  Young WRs are too hit or miss, and we don't throw the ball enough for that pick to make any sense when there are much better uses for valuable draft capital. 

But I am definitely up for drafting a WR in the 4th.  The 4th round is a good time for us to look for a WR.

55 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So you don't agree if another AJ Brown is sitting there we shouldn't draft him?

That is all I was saying.  Never projected if or who that would be.  I'll leave that to JRob who drafted AJ in the 2nd round.

I'll say it again so you can understand it.  If there is another AJ Brown sitting there when we pick we should take him.

And no it isn't a waste considering Davis is in his last year and injuries do happen.

Not to mention what you just said was retarded.  So AJ is such a stud he is now the standard by which other WRs are measure but, don't take a guy if he happens to be a similar player.

What? Ofc we should if it is possible, but ja browns dont just fucking show up every year and fall by divine intervention.

11 hours ago, Face said:

His jumps are insane though, 42 inch vertical. 4.48 is plenty fast, plus he's thick, strong kid with tons of "twitch". He's a great vertical guy as well as a gadget type in the Deebo Samuel mold.  I love him, gives us the vertical threat we need while adding to an already great group of "YAC" guys.

Reagor CAN run a 4.35. TCU said he’s clocked a 4.32 before. I really think he had a “bad” day. He was supposed to be 2nd after Ruggs. He’s perceived to be “falling” because of an above average 40 time.

This article below says he would be a good fit but says his drops are due to lack of concentration and weak hand strength at the catch point that enables DBs to knock away the ball.

Good read. The article later points out that Robinson typically drafts receivers who have had back to back 1,000 yard seasons.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.musiccitymiracles.com/platform/amp/2020/1/24/21020148/2020-nfl-draft-scouting-report-profile-jalen-reagor

Edited by GLinks

1 hour ago, titanskick8851 said:

Good little cut up on Gladney.

Zero doubt he is a JRob type of player, going to need a lot of luck if he is going to make it to #29 though, maybe some teams will pass on him due to that recent knee surgery.

The following teams could take Gladney before we pick at #29

- Cowboys at #17

- Raiders at #19

- Jags at #20

- Vikings at #22 or #25

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Zero doubt he is a JRob type of player, going to need a lot of luck if he is going to make it to #29 though, maybe some teams will pass on him due to that recent knee surgery.

- Cowboys at #17

- Raiders at #19

- Jags at #20

- Vikings at #22 or #25

Vikings are definitely the team I would most be scared of taking him in front of us since now they have two shots. They are going to go WR/CB with those picks.

3 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Vikings are definitely the team I would most be scared of taking him in front of us since now they have two shots. They are going to go WR/CB with those picks.

If the Jags don't take Henderson at #9 they are likely taking a CB at #20, question is which guy they like.

3 hours ago, Callidus said:

Rb and dl are 2 big of a need to draft a wr that high imo. I could see it if he is there if they love him. We are good enough now that bpa is something we can do and not hurt ourselves

3 hours ago, Callidus said:

Rb and dl are 2 big of a need to draft a wr that high imo. I could see it if he is there if they love him. We are good enough now that bpa is something we can do and not hurt ourselves

I don’t care where they take the right receiver, but under no circumstances should they consider a RB at 29, and ideally not at 61 either.

6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

- Cowboys at #17

- Raiders at #19

- Jags at #20

- Vikings at #22 or #25

Damon Arnette is being underrated as a potential pick at 29 as well imo

I think Gladney could be gone. 

On 3/23/2020 at 8:16 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Bet there are a few draft prospect that are now wishing they didn't skip all star games and combine workouts now pro days/medicals have been shut down by the NFL, guys with medical/character red flags and guys with incomplete testing numbers could see varying degrees of sliding in this draft, especially if the NFL sticks with the current late April scheduling.

Think teams will really push hard to get the draft pushed back now they can't get updated medical information on players.

Nah if you're top 5 predicted, you can only be hurt by the combine. Not having a pro day due to these circumstances doesn't change anything. They're still at the very least top 10. 

Just now, AvgJoe said:

Damon Arnette had his visit to Nashville right before everything shut down right? Could help us alleviate any concerns about him.

Yep. Also well known being from Ohio State. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic