Barnwell's Take on Who the Titans Should Re-sign

Jonboy

- Cut Lewis, Walker, Wake

- Extend Tannehill

- Franchise Henry

- Transition Conklin

- Re-sign Logan Ryan

He does add, "For what it's worth, there's a much better chance Tennessee re-signs Henry and franchises Tannehill. Ideally, it would go about things this way instead."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28710674/five-2020-offseason-moves-afc-teams-bill-barnwell-predicts-trades-nfl-free-agency-cuts#ten

I would love this.  I don't like the Brady rumors and be excited for year two of the Tannehill-experience, but am not completely sold on him.  A good OL is important to this team's success and I'd hate to lose Conklin.  I'm too big of a fan to want to envision next year w/o King Henry.

Sign all three?  Fuck yes.  

I would resign Henry for 3 years. I worry just how long he can maintain his speed. If he slows down much he won’t be able to get around the edges and that is where a lot of his long runs happen. You keep him from gaining the edge and his YPC go way down,

I’d give RT 5 years if we can do it cap wise.

Logan Ryan is going to command a pretty good payday considering his stats from last year, but if we have to let one of the 3 walk, it’d be Ryan, (and I like him a lot) Qb and RB are the center pieces you can build around and it’s a great draft for CB this year.

5 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I would resign Henry for 3 years. I worry just how long he can maintain his speed. If he slows down much he won’t be able to get around the edges and that is where a lot of his long runs happen. You keep him from gaining the edge and his YPC go way down,

I’d give RT 5 years if we can do it cap wise.

Logan Ryan is going to command a pretty good payday considering his stats from last year, but if we have to let one of the 3 walk, it’d be Ryan, (and I like him a lot) Qb and RB are the center pieces you can build around and it’s a great draft for CB this year.

PFF hates Logan Ryan and pointed out how torched he was. 

22 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I would love this.  I don't like the Brady rumors and be excited for year two of the Tannehill-experience, but am not completely sold on him.  A good OL is important to this team's success and I'd hate to lose Conklin.  I'm too big of a fan to want to envision next year w/o King Henry.

Sign all three?  Fuck yes.  

Cohesion on the oline is underestimated so much it is stupid.

We also would need ro tag people now. Any day now we might not have that option if they want thia route.

34 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

PFF hates Logan Ryan and pointed out how torched he was. 

He did give up some big plays but I think his role in the pass D was underrated and he was good in run support. That said I think he may be the odd man out of the big 3.

15 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Using the transition tag on Conklin makes zero sense as it is likely that there are teams out there who would put an offer together that JRob simply wouldn't match, also if you transition tag Conklin then don't match the offer you lose any potential comp pick when he leaves.

I do know you aren’t allowed anymore to include poison pills in these transition deals.  So some team would simply have to outbid us.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, freakingeek said:

He did give up some big plays but I think his role in the pass D was underrated and he was good in run support. That said I think he may be the odd man out of the big 3.

He's the easiest to replace of the top 4, and it's not even close.  Henry would be second just by nature of the position, but he's a top tier RB.

Archived