Happy Birthday, Steve!

Bink

Born on Valentine's Day and murdered on the 4th of July. Feels like it should be a song written by Springsteen.

Let me be the first to welcome all the people into this thread that get so bothered whenever anyone stops to remember Steve McNair or reflects on enjoying his career. Losers.

For the rest of us who don't get triggered by ghosts--favorite McNair moments? 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Bink said:

For the rest of us who don't get triggered by ghosts--favorite McNair moments? 

The run against the Jags, the play in the Super Bowl when he shook off tacklers, and when he played with the chest injury.

3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Him telling Fisher he could play hurt on MNF against the Jets after Volek was told all week he would start. Went on to throw 3 interceptions. Could have used the week off to heal up. Number one ham.

I know you yelled "PRAISE THE LORD" when we got Marcus Mariota.  So many memories, interceptions, fumbles and sacks.  Oh the sacks!  I know you can't pick just one, but try.  What's your favorite memory of Mariota?

4 hours ago, scine09 said:

The game at NYG was his signature moment IMO.

It's definitely one of them. I don't think any of them are as poignant as the houdini play in the Super Bowl though. Kevin Carter tried his god damndest to get him down but McNair was 100% full of "go fuck yourself" at that moment.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

It's definitely one of them. I don't think any of them are as poignant as the houdini play in the Super Bowl though. Kevin Carter tried his god damndest to get him down but McNair was 100% full of "go fuck yourself" at that moment.

Yeah if they didn't lose on the next play maybe.  Not that it was his fault but it's hard to call something a signature moment when the drive resulted in zero points.

One that most won't remember, at Tampa when they were the TN Oilers and he caps off the comeback with a long scramble that he turns into  a TD run, it was the opening year of their new stadium, a Sunday night game and I was there as one of about 10 people in the entire stadium wearing Oilers gear.

1 hour ago, No1TitansFan said:

One that most won't remember, at Tampa when they were the TN Oilers and he caps off the comeback with a long scramble that he turns into  a TD run, it was the opening year of their new stadium, a Sunday night game and I was there as one of about 10 people in the entire stadium wearing Oilers gear.

I remember it. That’s the thing about Steve, he wasn’t a great passer until you needed a great pass. Tampa was crowded up to get a stop and Steve just started running. Then you look and he’s running out in front of everybody. 

I think the Titans would have won the SB if they didn’t play the Rams during the season. There were two teams that could slow down the Greatest Show on Turf. Dungy’s great Tampa Bay D and the Titans. The Titans figured them out by putting Steve Jackson on Faulk. Steve hurt them bad with that little delay run up the middle. They were never ready for it. 

Come SB they kept Steve from getting away. I don’t think they would have been as prepared for Steve if not for that game. Fate. 

11 hours ago, Number9 said:

I remember it. That’s the thing about Steve, he wasn’t a great passer until you needed a great pass. Tampa was crowded up to get a stop and Steve just started running. Then you look and he’s running out in front of everybody. 

I think the Titans would have won the SB if they didn’t play the Rams during the season. There were two teams that could slow down the Greatest Show on Turf. Dungy’s great Tampa Bay D and the Titans. The Titans figured them out by putting Steve Jackson on Faulk. Steve hurt them bad with that little delay run up the middle. They were never ready for it. 

Come SB they kept Steve from getting away. I don’t think they would have been as prepared for Steve if not for that game. Fate. 

They stopped the Rams.  When you give up 23 points to a team like that you did a good job.

They lost because they couldn’t score.

6 hours ago, scine09 said:

They stopped the Rams.  When you give up 23 points to a team like that you did a good job.

They lost because they couldn’t score.

I didn't say they didn't stop the Rams.  I said the Rams were ready for Steve because we had played them before.  My meaning was if this was the first game they played in the SB, the Titans win.