Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, tgo said:

I really have this overwhelming feeling that both the Bloomberg pathway and the Bernie pathway are both dangerous and divisive in their own ways. 

 

But they’re pathways we may have to take to defeat authoritarianism and fascism if Biden doesn’t pull an improbable herculean comeback. 

 

Get the shit out of your head. Bernie and Bloomberg are the authoritarians. Do you have any idea what the word means? 

 

The green agenda alone is the most authoritarian thing our government would ever see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For you idiots who do not know what authoritarian means let me help you. It is the government taking away your freedoms by force. 

 

Higher taxes, destroying the 2nd amendment. A government that uses force to destroy entire industries like oil and gas and takes over other industries like health care. That is authoritarianism! 

 

More power in the hands of government to destroy individual liberty. 

 

A president exercising his free speech rights through twitter or a microphone is not authoritarianism. You people are idiots and your ideas are dangerous. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

 

One the big problems Trump has is there isn't a lot of "new voters" from his base.  You can argue Bernie might turn off Dems that won't vote for him but it's not going to rally new trump voters

 

 

Well what I was getting at is that if it's Bernie v Trump ("outsiders," extremes, non-status quo) vs Hillary (status quo/moderate/insider) v Trump like last time, I htink you will actually see a fair number of voters flip each way.

 

People who liked populism, but would like Bernie's populism more (and are tired of Trump) will flip from Trump to Bernie.

 

But some Hillary voters who are scared by the unknown of Bernie (and at this point Trump is the known, and much like a town with a bad smell - see Kingsport TN in the 70s/80s by the Eastman Kodak plant... after a while you get used to it), I think you will see some on the fence older more financially conservative dems flip to Trump or more likely not vote for either.

 

 

I don't think it's an even 50/50 here, nor decides the race.  But likley to occur.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chef said:

 

 

Well what I was getting at is that if it's Bernie v Trump ("outsiders," extremes, non-status quo) vs Hillary (status quo/moderate/insider) v Trump like last time, I htink you will actually see a fair number of voters flip each way.

 

People who liked populism, but would like Bernie's populism more (and are tired of Trump) will flip from Trump to Bernie.

 

But some Hillary voters who are scared by the unknown of Bernie (and at this point Trump is the known, and much like a town with a bad smell - see Kingsport TN in the 70s/80s by the Eastman Kodak plant... after a while you get used to it), I think you will see some on the fence older more financially conservative dems flip to Trump or more likely not vote for either.

 

 

I don't think it's an even 50/50 here, nor decides the race.  But likley to occur.

 


After the last week, how many moderates would ignore the shit Trump is doing and refuse to vote for Bernie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Starkiller said:


After the last week, how many moderates would ignore the shit Trump is doing and refuse to vote for Bernie?

 

I think you underestimate the ability to stick fingers in one's ears and say Na Na Na I am not listening to you, or else hold one's nose.

 

People ignored everything about Trump before.  You'd have to be an idiot to find anything truly surprising at this point - we're pretty far past the point of anything mattering at all.  So I don't think last week nor next week matters a bit.  Outside of the already settled discussion bubbles of the left and the right the commentary from each side just isn't given much time of day. 

 

And again I am not talking about some majority here that would flip, or stay home just because of Bernie.  Just that it will be one of many interesting phenomena that occur in every election when breaking down different demographics, locales.  Dem base voters who hate Trump yet don't trust Bernie either even if they think he's the better person.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starkiller said:


After the last week, how many moderates would ignore the shit Trump is doing and refuse to vote for Bernie?

 

Just now, chef said:

 

I think you underestimate the ability to stick fingers in one's ears and say Na Na Na I am not listening to you, or else hold one's nose.

 

People ignored everything about Trump before.  You'd have to be an idiot to find anything truly surprising at this point - we're pretty far past the point of anything mattering at all.  So I don't think last week nor next week matters a bit.  Outside of the already settled discussion bubbles of the left and the right the commentary from each side just isn't given much time of day. 

 

And again I am not talking about some majority here that would flip, or stay home just because of Bernie.  Just that it will be one of many interesting phenomena that occur in every election when breaking down different demographics, locales.  Dem base voters who hate Trump yet don't trust Bernie either even if they think he's the better person.

 

 

And BTW, circling back to the original topic, those voters I am talking about would very likely go to Bloomberg in a heartbeat.  Though I don't think that will be an option.  Never know but extremely doubtful at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minimum wage is not even $15 an hour right now in New York city but let's have minimum of $15 in Mississippi so unemployment there can be 15%. 

 

I thought Bloomberg was a business expert? So push for capitalistic policies that grow the economy and increase wages naturally which is exactly what is going on now. Any idiot can say they will do something to placate black voters. Then you have fast food workers like Maxx who are all for it because it means a raise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie/Weinstein! Criticize that ticket you antisemitic racists!

 

Weionstein is the moderate who balances the ticket. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 1:24 PM, chef said:

I think you underestimate the ability to stick fingers in one's ears and say Na Na Na I am not listening to you, or else hold one's nose.

 

People ignored everything about Trump before.  You'd have to be an idiot to find anything truly surprising at this point - we're pretty far past the point of anything mattering at all.

 

This is what so many Democrats are missing. They seem to think that NOW people will finally see what a rotten guy Trump is. Guess what?...they knew what a rotten guy he was before the last election. There's nothing they know now that they didn't know then. Hell, his favorable rating is higher now than it was in 2016.

 

If the Democrats want to run on morality while Trump runs on the economy...well...then good luck with that.

 

Bernie is the only candidate who's actually running on ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 9:28 AM, tgo said:

 

The question for Bloomberg is can he overcome the Stop and Frisk stuff.

Is Stop and Frisk anywhere near what has happened to our country in the last four years.  

How is America viewed today in the world?

How much will be revealed when people don't have to fear for their jobs start talking?

 

The last pub left the country with the banking system in free fall.

The administration the pubs ran before that, same.  

The difference is these were honorable men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...