The Bloomberg Machine

tgo

A lot of this has been cross reported by multiple outlets so I'm not going to bother citing everything

Bloomberg plans to spend up to 2B on this election and has already spent about 350M. He's gone from around 3-5% nationally to 15-17% in relatively short order and that will continue to grow if Biden remains stalled and continues to falter. 

Bloomberg's organization is massive: 

2,100 employees in 40 states with over 100 field offices nationwide. This dwarfs every other campaign, possibly combined, in the non-early states. 

He and his people founded a data firm called Hawkfish with a bunch of Silicon Valley executives and technology folks from Google, Facebook, FourSquare, etc. They already have amassed a data operation that is about 3/4ths as sophisticated and massive as Trump's data operations org which is historic. They have embedded the data firm within the campaign. 

The machine that Bloomberg is building is like nothing this country has ever seen and it will outpace Trump and the entire RNC's operation in short order. If the Bloomberg org and the DNC's platform ActBlue were to join forces down the road - watch out. 

Bloomberg has the following endorsements from officials in the last few weeks, most of them black: 

Mayor of Washington D.C. 

Mayor of Houston

Mayor of San Francisco

Mayor of Charlotte

Mayor of Little Rock

Mayor of Memphis

Mayor of Louisville

Mayor of Columbia S.C. 

Mayor of San Jose

He also has a ton of representatives from African American U.S. Representatives and that list is growing by the day as Biden falters. He's actually flipped a few Biden endorsements/loyalists including former Philly mayor Michael Nutter who is a campaign co-chair for Bloomberg now. I know of at least a half dozen Biden endorsers that have flipped to Bloomberg. 

This machine is growing and it's turning into an unstoppable juggernaut. This may be the kind of operation we need to defeat Trump, it's the only data organization even remotely capable of competing with Trump and the RNC. 

The question for Bloomberg is can he overcome the Stop and Frisk stuff. With enough pro-Black advertising money promoting the community and forward looking Black American initiatives and African American endorsements, it's possible. 

I'll be one of the last few rats off the Biden ship if it goes down, but I think I'll probably be floating over to the Bloomberg ship on some debris.

DD432679-348C-4441-B1DD-CD3663E39653.png

Edited by tgo

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He never will.  Put the little bastard on ignore, along with tux, thor and ben.  You'll enjoy your day at TitansReport more than you could ever imagine.  

What's truly Bizarro-land is seeing Trumpers suddenly denouncing racism and misogyny as though they actually believe it's wrong.

If you're black, make sure you ditch your weed first. They stop and frisk all the black folks as soon as they get on the boat.

Posted Images

The entire concept of warring oligarchs dominating our politics annoys me, but that's the way it sometimes goes in Republics. Certainly that's how it was at our founding with Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, etc. 

Richest president ever so far other than Trump?

George Washington. 

Maybe it's about to be Bloomberg. 

Probably stupid on my part but; is it remotely possible that Bloomberg puts his machine behind whoever wins the primary? I know he would never do so for Bernie or Warren since he sees them as an existential threat to him personally but let's say a Pete or Amy is able to somehow secure the nomination; how many resources would Bloomberg put behind him/her? How committed to unseating Trump is he? I don't particularly love Amy or Pete's chances in a general but with Bloomberg's machinery behind either one I'd feel a ton better. 

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Probably stupid on my part but; is it remotely possible that Bloomberg puts his machine behind whoever wins the primary? I know he would never do so for Bernie or Warren since he sees them as an existential threat to him personally but let's say a Pete or Amy is able to somehow secure the nomination; how many resources would Bloomberg put behind him/her? How committed to unseating Trump is he? I don't particularly love Amy or Pete's chances in a general but with Bloomberg's machinery behind either one I'd feel a ton better. 

He's already said that his data campaign will be available to whomever is the democratic nominee.

Note this article is from a year ago and explains where his operation was at that time:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/01/bloomberg-building-data-organization-crush-trump/581710/

Where he is now:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/28/bloomberg-campaign-says-it-is-gaining-ground-on-trumps-digital-operation.html?fbclid=IwAR14SRl5cIHMzmi0PK6gGckbOu5kITSRhpsf07WS4elN-GeuKyn_Jlep4Oo

12 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

How in the world would Amy or Pete be able to secure the nomination?

There is no chance in hell either of those two is going to win South Carolina, and the chance of either winning Nevada is minuscule. 

How would either of those two limp into Super Tuesday where they're not ahead in a single state other than Amy in Minnesota, and win the nomination? 

I think if Bloomberg were to lose the nomination to a moderate, he would moreso just run a campaign of ads against Trump as a "co-campaign" of sorts rather than directly backing the candidate with his machine in terms of ads at least, but who knows. 

Edited by tgo

11 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Good question. 

Just now, tgo said:

How in the world would Amy or Pete be able to secure the nomination?

There is no chance in hell either of those two is going to win South Carolina, and the chance of either winning Nevada is minuscule. 

How would either of those two limp into Super Tuesday where they're not ahead in a single state other than Amy in Minnesota, and win the nomination? 

I think if Bloomberg were to lose the nomination to a moderate, he would moreso just run a campaign of ads against Trump as a "co-campaign" of sorts rather than directly backing the candidate with his machine, but who knows. 

I think in my original post I implied that Amy or Pete winning is a long-shot. It was purely a hypothetical. Let's say Biden is the guy that fulfills the moderate fantasy; I think it would be great if Bloomberg directly put his machine behind him. I ask because I suspect that the more people learn about Bloomberg and the less they'll like him. 

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

I think in my original post I implied that Amy or Pete winning is a long-shot. It was purely a hypothetical. Let's say Biden is the guy that fulfills the moderate fantasy; I think it would be great if Bloomberg directly put his machine behind him. I ask because I suspect that the more people learn about Bloomberg and the less they'll like him. 

Yeah, well it would certainly be a huge boon to their chances whoever the nominee is. 

But Bloomberg at this stage may have a better chance at the nomination than any of the moderates, depending on what happens in NV and SC - that could really change the narrative. 

A very real issue is that if it's Trump vs Bloomberg, Wall St will be willing to support Bloomberg.  If it's Sanders, Wall St sticks with Trump and is currently laughing at that match up, giving no chance to Sanders to win (though they did the same for Trump before and were wrong.)

Point being just more money goes to Bloomberg, less to Trump, compared to Sanders v Trump.

And though money isn't everything (per the old saying), it's way ahead of whatever's in 2nd place.