Nashville 2nd Google Fiber City

Number9

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/02/11/nashville-chosen-as-second-google-fiber-city-for.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Nashville apartment and condominium dwellers could soon have a new way to access high-speed internet.

Google Fiber is now offering Google Fiber Webpass in Nashville, allowing buildings without a direct fiber line to receive Google Fiber internet, according to Google Fiber Head of Webpass Brien Bell. Six other cities around the country offer Webpass, but Nashville will be the second city, following Austin, to have both Google Fiber and Webpass.

Just going to attract more of the people who have killed Nashville as we knew.  Build it and they will come drive out more of the indigenous species.

16 minutes ago, abenjami said:

@NashvilleNinja I am surprised you weren't the first to point this out.  IIRC you've been talking about Google Fiber for years...

Huh? I think I made a post about it a few years ago because it looked interesting enough but I haven't been "talking about it for years". Have you been reading and re-reading that post for years?

32 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Huh? I think I made a post about it a few years ago because it looked interesting enough but I haven't been "talking about it for years". Have you been reading and re-reading that post for years?

Maybe.  I could have sworn you were all amped up about this.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Maybe.  I could have sworn you were all amped up about this.

Maybe. Idk. I think maybe the idea of Xfinity getting some competition was what I may have been amped over if anything.

Either way, I'm leaning more toward a "fuck you, Google" sentiment these days so I guess my reaction to this news is 'meh... whatever. Legion's taking over Skynet.'

On 2/12/2020 at 4:37 PM, Somedude said:

I've had Google Fiber for the last 4 years in my apt. Right now  I have 500 up for $55 a month flat rate.

That's what I have, grandfathered in from the old 100 plan, but I checked my speeds and not only were they not at 500, they were below 100. 

Maybe they need to bring me some new equipment. 

19 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

That's what I have, grandfathered in from the old 100 plan, but I checked my speeds and not only were they not at 500, they were below 100. 

Maybe they need to bring me some new equipment. 

Are your devices 5ghz or 2.4?