Sign in to follow this  
BTiger3733

Draft Needs and Player Targets (with videos) [QBs Added]

12 hours ago, headhunter said:

Youve already overtaken kyles spot as the draft guru

I was gona post now we have 2 kyles. Hopefully this won dosn't switch teams. Lol 

19 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Because there's a chance that the OP could be a Kyle sock puppet account, I'll need to ask a couple questions.

No mock or dollars paid to FA means it is pretty safe this is not Kyle.

The writing is better than Kyle’s usual stuff.

Also, Moss and Weaver are lower    on NFL draft boards (supposedly). And Vrabel talked with Lewis at the Senior Bowl (rumor).  
Good stuff overall.  Can’t wait for the OT portion.

These analysis are ok but they don't commit to anything.  List 30 guys you wouldn't mind having in the first 3 rounds....  ok  

If AJ Epenesa gets anywhere close to our pick at #29 I'm trading up to get him.  Solid strong side guy who can play in a 4 or 3 man front.

Rather have him on a rookie deal than Clowney.  Keep the $20 + mil to sign a few FAs if we need to.

I'd also try and keep Conklin, Henry and Tannehill and try to get the best quality defensive players we can.

If they have to use the franchise tag on Henry or Tannehill, Conklin is gone.  The only way we keep Conklin is with the franchise tag, IMO.  Too many teams need an OT and are flush with cap space to overpay him.

Thanks for the write up.  Would like to see you add backup, developmental QB to your post, and would like to see the guys in all categories listed that you don't think we have a chance at,  just in case we trade up.

17 hours ago, Soxcat said:

These analysis are ok but they don't commit to anything.  List 30 guys you wouldn't mind having in the first 3 rounds....  ok  

If AJ Epenesa gets anywhere close to our pick at #29 I'm trading up to get him.  Solid strong side guy who can play in a 4 or 3 man front.

Rather have him on a rookie deal than Clowney.  Keep the $20 + mil to sign a few FAs if we need to.

I'd also try and keep Conklin, Henry and Tannehill and try to get the best quality defensive players we can.

It's shortsighted to say, "we should take AJ Epenesa in round 1." We don't know A) if he'll be available, B) who else will be available, C) how players will look at the combine and pro days, D) who we are resigning in FA, and E) who we sign away from other teams in FA. That's too many variables that could change who we pick. Having a list of players in our range that fit our needs is much more useful right now. 

Edited by BTiger3733

Just committing to a player rather than listing 10 guys we might get at #29 which amounts to nothing.

And for the same reasons you just mentioned a list is almost worthless.

Oh, anyone thinking we shouldn't take AJ Epenesa IF we have any shot at him at all is a idiot.  Obviously if he is already drafted.....

I'd take him even if we sign a DE if he magically dropped to us.  And I don't give a rats ass about the combine when it comes to this guy.

It is like someone arguing if we should take Calais Campbell.  Yea, but depends on who else is there? 

Edited by Soxcat