Would someone explain to me: Who is responsible for the successful economy...

thor

12 hours ago, thor said:

Then why don't you finish? Maybe you should really look into what's going on here instead of searching for the first opinion piece that supports your narrative. 

These articles are a.) well over a year old and don't show the impact of the tariffs, and b.)don't account for overall job losses, only jobs created (which is disingenuous), and c.) ignore that the job gains over the past couple of years were primarily in silicon valley and pharmaceuticals, leaving the rust belt and what we would have traditionally considered "manufacturing jobs" to rot. 

Let me ask you, do you believe American manufacturing overall has returned to its glory because of specialty jobs being created by tech companies almost solely located in silicon valley? 

Here's a recent article:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/trump-trade-war-loss-of-manufacturing-jobs-contradicts-purpose-tariffs-2019-10-1028577666

The Labor Department said Friday that manufacturers shed 2,000 jobs last month, adding to concerns about the sector. While President Donald Trump has pledged to revive factory jobs in the US, that pocket of the economy dipped deeper into a recession last month.

Another more recent article:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/economy/manufacturing-jobs/index.html

Most of the half-million new manufacturing jobs over the past three years are in the Sun Belt or around Silicon Valley. Meanwhile job losses in the Rust Belt are accelerating. That could be key to the 2020 race. 

Trump won Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin in 2016, promising working-class voters he would revive US manufacturing. But all four states have lost more than 16,000 factory jobs in the past year alone.

But I know you will instantly and blindly willingly look past anything that cnn says, so lets just look at the actual jobs report that shows these manufacturing states are losing their jobs:

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/laus.pdf

Chuck Devore is intentionally deceiving you and you're just lamb to the slaughter...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Explosion? LOL   The stock market was already going up, we're on a 9-10 year bull run and unemployment numbers were already tumbling several years.   The inflated GDP numbers that

Well Thor proves himself to be a fucking idiot with every post he makes. Put him on ignore and have a better TitansReport experience.

First off, define "the economy." A lot of dum dums (probably @thor included) think "the economy" is simply the stock market. There are so many other factors. Our short-term economic outlook looks all

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

BLS is fake news

I wish we could all collectively refine how they calculate unemployment numbers. But both sides of the aisle manipulate and use the numbers to their advantage while ignoring the woes of the American worker. Its an archaic system to how our country now works. Even long-term and committed young professionals have completely shifted their participation in the US work environment. With non-paid internships becoming a thing of the past, companies are intentionally creating a sub-living-standard class of jobs with the known goal that no one works that job for longer than a couple of months. Its replacing the traditional internship as a honeymooners position for both the employee and the company. But those 100s of thousands of "jobs" shouldn't be written up in a report that its anywhere good for Americans because its not really a job, its an entryway into debt to be an American worker. 

What these ignoramuses don't /won't get is that I think (feel free to check my numbers) 70% of the manufacturing facilities that have opened up in the last couple of years hire less than 8 people.  Just saying plants have opened and jobs are booming is just a bit misleading.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:47 PM, T-RAC said:

Is it weird that I kinda wish there were more knowledgeable conservatives in here just to make the debates more interesting?

I was thinking the same thing.  I see guys write out posts that they understand, then give actual charts and explanations of the points.

Response "All democrats have red noses."

I try to go through the checkout line in stores that have cashiers.  Today, I had waited to check out in Whole Foods with 3 items.  I told the cashier the reason I came through her line.  She said it doesn't make any difference.  All our cashier lines were open earlier.  I said, see all those people checking out now at the machines.  She says it doesn't matter, we still have two lanes open with clerks.  I said think about how many jobs are gone when you add Walmart, Target, Kroger and all the stores with less people doing what she does.  She said, you will never see me in Krogers...  I asked what about all those people working in other stores.  Her response "I don't care about them."

42 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

WG knows as much about business and economics as a dog turd. 

This is how libtards operate. Nines talks to a cashier who works at whole foods and says she will never shop at Kroger. Yeah that sounds like a real MAGA person there. ? That person then says she does not care about lost cashier jobs to machines. 

WG who operates with an IQ in the 70s thinks that is an opportunity to bash conservatives. 

WTF?

You have to take into account dems really have no idea what's been going on with Trump's economy. They're still caught up in hating Trump for beating them in an election and wallowing in the bs the MSM tosses at them. Ask any one of them the difference in - Wall Street vs Main Street economics - to almost all, there is little difference because it's all about someone having money (it's for the rich, Trump's tax's were for the wealthy) that's the pitch they're swinging at... Heck, it's taken over 2 years before brokers even began to understand what Trump was doing... The easiest question is who's behind the economic success? There's only one answer if you have any idea what's actually going on... And you can bet if dems win this election the economy will come crashing down and the idiots would blame Trump...

4 hours ago, thor said:

You have to take into account dems really have no idea what's been going on with Trump's economy. They're still caught up in hating Trump for beating them in an election and wallowing in the bs the MSM tosses at them. Ask any one of them the difference in - Wall Street vs Main Street economics - to almost all, there is little difference because it's all about someone having money (it's for the rich, Trump's tax's were for the wealthy) that's the pitch they're swinging at... Heck, it's taken over 2 years before brokers even began to understand what Trump was doing... The easiest question is who's behind the economic success? There's only one answer if you have any idea what's actually going on... And you can bet if dems win this election the economy will come crashing down and the idiots would blame Trump...

You are so delusional.  Not a single thing you said is accurate.