PFF Top 101 Players of 2019

TeamRamrod

10 hours ago, abenjami said:

Out of curiosity, how do you personally rank Lewan against other LT's in the league?  Give me your top 5 or 10, I am curious to know where you put Lewan.

It’s always so hard to say because it changes every year and the quality of RTs and LTs kind of flipped last year. One could argue the best OTs in the league right now are all RTs. Ramczyk, Schwartz, and Lane Johnson are all fantastic.

But based on 2019? I would put Lewan right up with Ronnie Stanley, Jason Peters, Terron Armstead, and David Bakhtiari. Trent Williams is still out there too and Tyron Smith has been banged up a lot so I’d say Lewan is definitely top 10, maybe top 5.

Edited by TeamRamrod

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Lewan got off to a rough start but down the stretch he was a top 3 LT, likely the best run blocking LT in the league 

You spend a lot of time watching LTs across the league Oilerman? 

13 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

I can tell you he is constantly in the top 10 for all tackles in pass block win rate. And he runs guys off the field in the run game. He has allways only had 1 down side. The fact he averages something like a penalty every other game.

It would be really interesting to run this top 101 list separately for the first and last 8 games. I'd be willing to bet we'd have more players in the list if you used the back half of the year. 

We all know the team was very statistically different in the back half of the year. Man if I had access to PFF's database, I could go nerd out for weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

It would be really interesting to run this top 101 list separately for the first and last 8 games. I'd be willing to bet we'd have more players in the list if you used the back half of the year. 

We all know the team was very statistically different in the back half of the year. Man if I had access to PFF's database, I could go nerd out for weeks. 

Ya it would be fun. Could spend a month just looking into how they come up with overall scores.

2 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

No but I spend a lot of time listening to people who do and rating them.