Sign in to follow this  
abc2330

A 3 Down Back, You Say?

Exactly what we need to help keep the offense humming next season.

I will not be happy if JRob neglects to upgrade the RB2 spot.

We could really use the help here and having another talented playmaker along with Henry and AJ Brown would definitely help keep defenses on the toes and helps Tannehill as well.

Seems really talented. 

I suspect JRob will sign someone rather than draft a back up position so early though if he's 2nd round material. 

If he's there later we should definitely take him though. 

On 2/7/2020 at 7:45 PM, MIKE75 said:

I will not be happy if JRob neglects to upgrade the RB2 spot.

The only other alternative is to keep Lewis and his $4 mil contract.  Not impossible but certainly we can find a better option for the same money or find one in the draft.

I’d like this guy. Could help with some of our speedy WR plays and 3rd down rb plays. Only thing I worry about is having another situation like this year where putting him in telegraphs a pass play. But we could get a cheap vet as well and run a 3 back rotation with Henry as the lead.

Edited by Thrill

Main issue is he might be a gadget guy early on so he will have to be able to contribute in multiple ways (STs) to make it worth keeping him on the roster over a regular RB or WR.

Would really help if he could return punts as well as KRs.  Most guys can't or have not done it.  Our #2 RB needs to be able to play RB if needed.

After looking more into this kid. I’m totally down for taking him in the 3rd. It looks like he only played 2 years of D1 and was sitting behind one of the better running backs in college football. 

This kind of reminds me of an Alvin Kamara vs. Jalen Hurd situation. Hurd was a more well rounded back at the time and got the edge over Kamara despite Kamara having way more potential.