A 3 Down Back, You Say?

TerryBoats

Exactly what we need to help keep the offense humming next season.

I will not be happy if JRob neglects to upgrade the RB2 spot.

We could really use the help here and having another talented playmaker along with Henry and AJ Brown would definitely help keep defenses on the toes and helps Tannehill as well.

I’d like this guy. Could help with some of our speedy WR plays and 3rd down rb plays. Only thing I worry about is having another situation like this year where putting him in telegraphs a pass play. But we could get a cheap vet as well and run a 3 back rotation with Henry as the lead.

After looking more into this kid. I’m totally down for taking him in the 3rd. It looks like he only played 2 years of D1 and was sitting behind one of the better running backs in college football. 

This kind of reminds me of an Alvin Kamara vs. Jalen Hurd situation. Hurd was a more well rounded back at the time and got the edge over Kamara despite Kamara having way more potential. 

9 hours ago, ctm said:

I prefer Edwards-Helaire from LSU.  

At best, Helaire seems like a poor mans Maurice Jones Drew or Ray Rice. At worst, he’s a fatter Dion Lewis and maybe even slower than Lewis was at that time.

I think there are way more solid backs who didn’t have the privilege of playing in the best college offense ever. I imagine he will go higher than we plan on picking a back anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Thrill said:

At best, Helaire seems like a poor mans Maurice Jones Drew or Ray Rice. At worst, he’s a fatter Dion Lewis and maybe even slower than Lewis was at that time.

I think there are way more solid backs who didn’t have the privilege of playing in the best college offense ever. I imagine he will go higher than we plan on picking a back anyways. 

From what I saw he ran with power and is good at running real routes in the passing game.  He can play on 3rd down but also fill in as a full time starter if Henry goes down.  2nd rounder for the Titans.  But JRob has already said another RB is a priority.

Archived