NashvilleNinja

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Now thats a name I havent heard in a long time" Obi-Wan

Well, if we sign him we need to keep Delaine.  You don't want Johnson rehabbing alone in a new place.

Johnson isn’t coming here to be Henry’s backup.    I would assume he will sign with some team that would at least give him the chance to win the starting job out of a committee. 

i'd sign him and then draft another guy. if he can stay healthy it could be good and with Henry handling most of the load I think he could hold up.

He hasn't been good since 2016 so it doesn't seem like he'd take a lot of money. Maybe there's better options also. Just not sure we can spend much in FA and the draft is a crap shoot. He would at least be better than Lewis.

Edited by Titans279

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

Not exactly a shock. Guy's been injury prone and ineffective the past few seasons. The risk of paying big money to a RB.

Johnson had the one monster season not to be seen again. But it's not like he just automatically sucked. He was injured the following season. Also, the Cardinals haven't been one of the better teams in the league post-2015. 

The Cardinals loss could be someone else's gain. He's 28, although a fresh 28 considering his December birthdate, so he's on the other side of that hill. But we wouldn't be signing him to be a starter.

A persistent issue with our offense in 2019 is we had to sacrifice flexibility when Henry was out there and we had to sacrifice strength between the tackles when Lewis was out there. At 6'1, 224 lbs Johnson could solve both those issues. We could take Henry out on 2nd or 3rd down and still run the same offense we would with Henry but with the added benefit of Johnson's ability as a receiver.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

1 hour ago, FRT said:

I thought SF was set at ...   nah just too easy.  Carry on.

Lol

Thompson is would be a bargain in FA although I have a hard time seeing Arizona letting Drake and Thompson walk. Kingsbury absolutely Thompson and it’s no wonder considering what he can do on the field and the speed he brings with himself. 

if he does make his way to the market I would go after him in a NY minute... having him in the shotgun as an outlet receiver or on running plays where he gets a second to see the play develop and he can choose his gap and go would be great. He hits the hole

hard and fast and when he is at the second level it’s a 50/50 for a HR and he easy gets 10 yards. This kid is fast. We haven’t had that kind of speed since CJ2K at RB

If we went RT in round 2 and elected to go for a speed WR like Reagor in round 2, and a RB like Gibson in 3 and spend our resources in FA on a Kicker, and OLB like Fowler and two FA CB’s like Alexander and Williams I think we would be set. You add two CB’s who can play NB and outside and add a pass rusher and a K, and then go into  the draft and pik away a stud RT who falls, some major speed at WR and a deadly return man and another dynamic player on offense at RB/WR in Gibson and now you’re cooking. Now you can better limit KC and have the resources to keep up. Ryan Tannehill would have even better year with improved options at WR and speed at WR and a #2 and #3 RB who can keep the offense just as alive as the feature back and the predictability when Henry comes off the field is no more; and actually let’s the defense even more so on it’s heels...

it would be beautiful. 

a Shotgun formation with RT, Gibson/Thompson, Davis, Brown, Humphries, Smith would be dangerous. That’s a lot of speed between Gibson/Thompson, Davis, Brown, Raegor, Humphries, Smith... our slowest player would probably be Smith who runs a 4.5 and our fastest would be a guy who runs in the high 4.2’s in either Reagor and Thompson and guys in the 4.4 in Davis and Brown and a quick twitch chain moving 3rd down receiver in Humphries who probably runs a 4.5 but has a cone somewhere in the 6.7 range. Elite agility. 

3 hours ago, kyle021 said:

If we went RT in round 2 and elected to go for a speed WR like Reagor in round 2, and a RB like Gibson in 3 and spend our resources in FA on a Kicker, and OLB like Fowler and two FA CB’s like Alexander and Williams I think we would be set. You add two CB’s who can play NB and outside and add a pass rusher and a K, and then go into  the draft and pik away a stud RT who falls, some major speed at WR and a deadly return man and another dynamic player on offense at RB/WR in Gibson and now you’re cooking. Now you can better limit KC and have the resources to keep up. Ryan Tannehill would have even better year with improved options at WR and speed at WR and a #2 and #3 RB who can keep the offense just as alive as the feature back and the predictability when Henry comes off the field is no more; and actually let’s the defense even more so on it’s heels...

it would be beautiful. 

a Shotgun formation with RT, Gibson/Thompson, Davis, Brown, Humphries, Smith would be dangerous. That’s a lot of speed between Gibson/Thompson, Davis, Brown, Raegor, Humphries, Smith... our slowest player would probably be Smith who runs a 4.5 and our fastest would be a guy who runs in the high 4.2’s in either Reagor and Thompson and guys in the 4.4 in Davis and Brown and a quick twitch chain moving 3rd down receiver in Humphries who probably runs a 4.5 but has a cone somewhere in the 6.7 range. Elite agility. 

What about Matt Breida? He seemed like he did pretty well for ya'll this year. Think he'd be a good backup for Henry?