Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tgo

UC’s Freeman Declines Titans LB Coach Offer

Recommended Posts

Split this into a new thread, @tgo

 

Weird he’d turn down coaching in the NFL for a team that just played in the AFC title game. Especially to stay at Cincy. Not like we’re talking Bama or Clemson here. 
 

Edit: I do see he’s the DC there so that at least makes a little more sense. May feel he could soon be in line for a college HC job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Split this into a new thread, @tgo

 

Weird he’d turn down coaching in the NFL for a team that just played in the AFC title game. Especially to stay at Cincy. Not like we’re talking Bama or Clemson here. 
 

Edit: I do see he’s the DC there so that at least makes a little more sense. May feel he could soon be in line for a college HC job. 


Moving to the NFL sounds like an upgrade, but probably not when your change in title is a demotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, japan said:

Isn't Vrabel kind of already the LB coach?  He needs to plug in some young guy.


McKenzie was the LB coach but they didn’t want him back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jonboy said:


McKenzie was the LB coach but they didn’t want him back. 

Gee, all the "experts" back here just gushed about what a great job he had done. Where's the disconnect... and do we have to listen to them anymore?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Gee, all the "experts" back here just gushed about what a great job he had done. Where's the disconnect... and do we have to listen to them anymore?!


How do you judge a position coach? By how good his players are?

 

Was Randy Moss and Cris Carter's WRs coach the best in the league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Starkiller said:


How do you judge a position coach? By how good his players are?

 

Was Randy Moss and Cris Carter's WRs coach the best in the league?

I am making no claims on any of this. I just read back here how great McKenzie must have been because how much Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown and even David Long, Jr. had progressed. Now we "find out" that the Titans was not satisfied with his work as LB coach.

 

Really, I'm just looking for confirmation that I don't have to listen to the "experts" back here anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

I am making no claims on any of this. I just read back here how great McKenzie must have been because how much Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown and even David Long, Jr. had progressed. Now we "find out" that the Titans was not satisfied with his work as LB coach.

 

Really, I'm just looking for confirmation that I don't have to listen to the "experts" back here anymore.

Maybe the new guy will work on covering TEs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Split this into a new thread, @tgo

 

Weird he’d turn down coaching in the NFL for a team that just played in the AFC title game. Especially to stay at Cincy. Not like we’re talking Bama or Clemson here. 
 

Edit: I do see he’s the DC there so that at least makes a little more sense. May feel he could soon be in line for a college HC job. 

he's hitching his wagon to Fickell, who will most likely get the now-vacant Michigan State job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

I am making no claims on any of this. I just read back here how great McKenzie must have been because how much Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown and even David Long, Jr. had progressed. Now we "find out" that the Titans was not satisfied with his work as LB coach.

 

Really, I'm just looking for confirmation that I don't have to listen to the "experts" back here anymore.

 

Ever offer anything other than sheer contrarianism to the discussion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Starkiller said:


How do you judge a position coach? By how good his players are?

 

Was Randy Moss and Cris Carter's WRs coach the best in the league?

I would think progression, not success per se. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, notsolegato said:

The whole UC staff may be impacted by the new vacancy at Mich St, he may be looking at DC there.

Fickell deserves the MSU job. He's gotta be the front-runner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...