1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This being released now feels like an attempt from the Seahawks to put pressure on Clowney by reminding him that he isn't their only pass rushing option in FA

Interesting from a psychological POV.  I'm not sure it's going to work.  It seems that they need him more than the other way around.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This being released now feels like an attempt from the Seahawks to put pressure on Clowney by reminding him that he isn't their only pass rushing option in FA

But the guy releasing it is a Vikings beat writer......

It's not earth shattering news that the Seahawks are interested in any edge guys.  Most folks think they would like to add Clowney and another pass rusher - whether it be a veteran or in the draft.

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

But the guy releasing it is a Vikings beat writer......

It's not earth shattering news that the Seahawks are interested in any edge guys.  Most folks think they would like to add Clowney and another pass rusher - whether it be a veteran or in the draft.

This isn't the only report recently suggesting there is interest between the Seahawks in Griffin or from Griffin in the Seahawks.

The Seahawks have also been heavily linked with Penn St pass rusher Yetur Gross-Matos at pick #27 in the first round of the draft.

23 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Maybe a precursor to Olivier Vernon's release. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Maybe a precursor to Olivier Vernon's release. 

Weren't the Browns pursuing Griffin as well?  We do have a connection to Vernon, I think Williams was his D-Line coach.

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Weren't the Browns pursuing Griffin as well?  We do have a connection to Vernon, I think Williams was his D-Line coach.

Yep. Vernon may not be what he was as an outside rusher before, but he is a solid edge and can probably do some inside rushing too with his size in packages. 

I had dismissed him as an option before, but he could be an option as a rotiational depth piece if he doesn't find a full time starting gig. 

I tend to think that they want to go younger with the depth at OLB, but the connection to Terrell Williams is there. 

16 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yep. Vernon may not be what he was as an outside rusher before, but he is a solid edge and can probably do some inside rushing too with his size in packages. 

I had dismissed him as an option before, but he could be an option as a rotiational depth piece if he doesn't find a full time starting gig. 

I tend to think that they want to go younger with the depth at OLB, but the connection to Terrell Williams is there. 

I think the teams will have already done their due diligence on Vernon due to the fact he was always likely to be released. I bet someone signs him quickly if he gets cut

They also recently signed Bruce Irvin, and have LJ Collier at DE. 

They’re likely to draft an edge in the first too.