58 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Cap goes up 40 million dollars (supposedly) next year.  I don't think cap space is going to be a problem.

If we don't resign them this off-season, then our chance of retaining them goes right down.  I think the 2020 salary cap is going to be the challenge because JRob will want to re-sign both of these guys before camp starts this year.  Same MO he used for Byard.

These are the official NFL/NFLPA current salary cap figures, for the Titans it doesn't include the Beasley deal which as of now hasn't been officially announced by the team.

The Seahawks would need to make some moves if they were to bring Clowney back.

10 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

These are the official NFL/NFLPA current salary cap figures, for the Titans it doesn't include the Beasley deal which as of now hasn't been officially announced by the team.

The Seahawks would need to make some moves if they were to bring Clowney back.

A few things here. Wtf did the colts spend all of their cash on? I get Buckner and rivers but wtf.

The pats can't afford draft picks and they have jack shit on offense.

And kc dosn't have enough cash for a utility bill.

This is hilarious.

42 minutes ago, Callidus said:

A few things here. Wtf did the colts spend all of their cash on? I get Buckner and rivers but wtf.

The pats can't afford draft picks and they have jack shit on offense.

And kc dosn't have enough cash for a utility bill.

This is hilarious.

The colts have 25M for Rivers, 23M for Buckner and 21M for Brissett.    They also have no QB under contract for 2021.  They are all in on 2020.

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

The colts have 25M for Rivers, 23M for Buckner and 21M for Brissett.    They also have no QB under contract for 2021.  They are all in on 2020.

I thought brisset was already under contract for this year.

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

I thought brisset was already under contract for this year.

He is, but that is his cap number.  They are using 46M on QBs this year with nothing for 2021 and no 1st round pick.

49 minutes ago, ctm said:

He is, but that is his cap number.  They are using 46M on QBs this year with nothing for 2021 and no 1st round pick.

No I get that I was saying he was on the books when thry had 90mil I thought.

I agree that it's a middling roster. 

It's almost a boom or bust type roster with a high ceiling if certain players ascend and incoming rookies play well. 

We would be middling every damn year if it was up to the media.  The offense alone has 5 pro bowl/all pro caliber players and very solid for the most part otherwise.  

24 minutes ago, tgo said:

I agree that it's a middling roster. 

It's almost a boom or bust type roster with a high ceiling if certain players ascend and incoming rookies play well. 

A roster that cant sustain with injuries

3 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

We would be middling every damn year if it was up to the media.  The offense alone has 5 pro bowl/all pro caliber players and very solid for the most part otherwise.  

Last year's roster was stacked as hell going into the season. 

This one - not so much (at least at this early stage, I'm guessing it will evolve significantly). 

But the issue is that the players who were supposed to be great on paper last year weren't so great in reality or were injured most of the year - and those are most of the players that we've shed. 

However, the consequential losses in terms of production are going to be Conklin and Logan Ryan in the short term. Maybe Casey to an extent.

Edited by tgo