13 hours ago, ctm said:

Walker has a 750K roster bonus due on 3/22/20.  He's also a free agent in 2021.  So there will be no restructure.  His only hope is a straight salary cut and that is probably a long shot.  I think he's gone before the roster bonus gets paid.

Unless he accepted a pay cut down 2 his dead money cost I don't see it. 

4 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I mean, you can't really pay him that much, right?

It would be unwise

Franchise two years and then let him walk.  Second year would not be a given unless you see repeat of 2019 in 2020.  I would never let this out internally if I were the Titans but this is what I would do.

.......... Sure he can hold out.  O well.  The Steelers have won the same number of SB without L Bell since he left as they did when they had him.  Jets too.

45 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You all act like it’s your money. Pay him and give yourselves outs. He’s the face of the franchise and the leader of the locker room. He’s also the most talented player on the team. 

It’s not our money, but the team only has so many resources to go around with the salary cap. Do you want your team wasting cap space?

Just now, Starkiller said:

It’s not our money, but the team only has so many resources to go around with the salary cap. Do you want your team wasting cap space?

We’ll be fine in cap space. We can get up to around 70 million by making some cuts. 

The better question is do you not want the most talented player on the team on the field while our window is open? I do. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

We’ll be fine in cap space. We can get up to around 70 million by making some cuts. 

The better question is do you not want the most talented player on the team on the field while our window is open? I do. 

What else can we do with that kind of cap money other than signing Henry? That’s always the question.

I'm perfectly fine re-signing Henry. But I’m not giving him a blank check.

9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

What else can we do with that kind of cap money other than signing Henry? That’s always the question.

I'm perfectly fine re-signing Henry. But I’m not giving him a blank check.

No, but I’d give him market value. He’s the best pure runner in the NFL. Spend the entire offseason incorporating into the passing game. 

51 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

No, but I’d give him market value. He’s the best pure runner in the NFL. Spend the entire offseason incorporating into the passing game. 

He is a great runner. But he is not particularly valuable on passing downs. He is simply not as valuable as a guy like Kamara or McCaffrey. It’s just hard to shell out that kind of money in the modern NFL for a guy who isn’t going to contribute in the passing game.

Walk

On 2/3/2020 at 9:06 PM, BudAdams said:

Walker should be cut.  He hasn’t done a damn thing since 2017.  They don’t need Olsen either

Walker has contributed less than 300 yards in two seasons, we paid him.  Age has gotten him and we have several team leaders now.  He's a great person and has done well playing in the NFL.  eos nTN.

46 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Potential pass catching 3rd down RB off the market. 

It does mean DeAndre Washington likely hits the market though and he wouldn't be an awful replacement for Lewis.