Anybody think Delanie would restructure? I’d almost prefer him to Greg Olsen. Olsen is still performing at a high level but I think Delanie could have a solid bounce back season and already knows the offense.

14 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Anybody think Delanie would restructure? I’d almost prefer him to Greg Olsen. Olsen is still performing at a high level but I think Delanie could have a solid bounce back season and already knows the offense.

Walker should be cut.  He hasn’t done a damn thing since 2017.  They don’t need Olsen either

3 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

If we were willing to give up draft capital, Slay would be an interesting pick-up.

How old is that guy?  Seems like he's been around a while.

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Walker should be cut.  He hasn’t done a damn thing since 2017.  They don’t need Olsen either

Well he WAS injured for 29 of those games so.... you cant blame it on play. He was decent when healthy. But the chances of him making the return to his former skillset will be very low. 

3 hours ago, titanruss said:

Well he WAS injured for 29 of those games so.... you cant blame it on play. He was decent when healthy. But the chances of him making the return to his former skillset will be very low. 

So?  He still has done nothing of note since his extension.  Availability is a critical component of the equation 

11 hours ago, BudAdams said:

So?  He still has done nothing of note since his extension.  Availability is a critical component of the equation 

I agree with availability, but you frame it as something else which is obviously misleading and not the reasoning for his lack of production. 

It may very well be the case now however, because as Japan stated, 2 years with hardly playing because of injury is likely a carer killer for a mid-30s player. 

I too am pretty sure he will be a cut FWIW. 

Edited by titanruss

13 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I agree with availability, but you frame it as something else which is obviously misleading and not the reasoning for his lack of production. 

It may very well be the case now however, because as Japan stated, 2 years with hardly playing because of injury is likely a carer killer for a mid-30s player. 

I too am pretty sure he will be a cut FWIW. 

I didn't frame anything.  I said he has not done anything of note since 2017, other than collect about $ 15 M to participate in 8 games......

The offense didn't miss him one bit once they started a viable QB too.  I'd rather have the $ 6.418 M in cap space than a 36 year old paper weight.

Walker has a 750K roster bonus due on 3/22/20.  He's also a free agent in 2021.  So there will be no restructure.  His only hope is a straight salary cut and that is probably a long shot.  I think he's gone before the roster bonus gets paid.

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

I didn't frame anything.  I said he has not done anything of note since 2017, other than collect about $ 15 M to participate in 8 games......

The offense didn't miss him one bit once they started a viable QB too.  I'd rather have the $ 6.418 M in cap space than a 36 year old paper weight.

Thats framing brah

And you've got no idea if the offense missed him or not. It was much better. sure.. but his impact could have been more. As it ended up, most all our TE's needed to be schemed open. DW doesnt require that. 

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

Thats framing brah

And you've got no idea if the offense missed him or not. It was much better. sure.. but his impact could have been more. As it ended up, most all our TE's needed to be schemed open. DW doesnt require that. 

Wrong.  It's stating the facts.  

The offense was the 5th most successful on pass plays, #1 in explosive pass plays, and they averaged 30 PPG (#2 in the NFL) once Tannehill took over and Walker played less than a quarter of his first start (the Charger game). 

In the first 6 games, where Walker did play, the Titans were 31st in success rate on pass plays, 17th in explosive pass plays, and ranked 27th in PPG (16.3). 

His absence had zero impact on the offense.  Smith and Firkser replaced his production just fine and at this point both are not only younger and cheaper but also better....

Of course, I wasn't the one who incessantly and incorrectly claimed that the loss of Walker for the season caused Mariota to play badly (the dumb lack of weapons argument).