2020 Free Agency News and Rumors

Jonboy

Yeah Clowney will be fine, he has a unique skillset and teams (aka the Titans) will want to see medicals on him. 

Ryan is gonna end up in a bad spot due to the deep corner draft. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t care if you donate or not, @8MM ...   But there is a PayPal link that is one time literally right beside the Patreon one. People give what they want when they want. There was even a

Probably in exchange for JJ Watt and the Texans best remaining draft pick...

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah Clowney will be fine, he has a unique skillset and teams (aka the Titans) will want to see medicals on him. 

Ryan is gonna end up in a bad spot due to the deep corner draft. 

I want Ryan back on the team at a discount. He still adds a lot on the field as a moveable piece, especially when we are playing teams who run a lot of big sets and big slots. 

Kind of random but: 

Amani Hooker ran a 4.48

Logan Ryan ran a 4.56 and of course is 8 years older

For the crowd thinking that Amani Hooker could play some nickel. 

Granted, Hooker is stiffer and bulkier - less "long" than Logan Ryan although they are the same height. 

You would think if they really saw him as a nickel when all our corners went down last year that they would have moved Logan Ryan outside and played Hooker inside, instead of starting a practice squad corner and then a corner off the street. 

Instead they've only ever played Hooker at safety and at big nickel (AKA third safety). 

Edited by tgo

4 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I want Ryan back on the team at a discount. He still adds a lot on the field as a moveable piece, especially when we are playing teams who run a lot of big sets and big slots. 

But Ryan is a bad matchup against a slot receiver with good speed. That’s an issue vs both the Chiefs and Texans now.

50 minutes ago, tgo said:

Kind of random but: 

Amani Hooker ran a 4.48

Logan Ryan ran a 4.56 and of course is 8 years older

For the crowd thinking that Amani Hooker could play some nickel. 

Granted, Hooker is stiffer and bulkier - less "long" than Logan Ryan although they are the same height. 

You would think if they really saw him as a nickel when all our corners went down last year that they would have moved Logan Ryan outside and played Hooker inside, instead of starting a practice squad corner and then a corner off the street. 

Instead they've only ever played Hooker at safety and at big nickel (AKA third safety). 

It’s hard to take a rookie and make him learn multiple positions at once right away. I assume they wanted him to focus on safety, especially since they knew Ryan was the nickel back then.

But it wouldn’t shock me if they saw Hooker as a potential replacement once Ryan's contract expired a year later.

58 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

But Ryan is a bad matchup against a slot receiver with good speed. That’s an issue vs both the Chiefs and Texans now.

Which is why I said he’s still valuable against teams who run big sets and big slots. I don’t want him back as the full time NB. I want him back as a guy that plays a bunch of different rolls and isn’t lined up man 2 man against fast WRs. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Which is why I said he’s still valuable against teams who run big sets and big slots. I don’t want him back as the full time NB. I want him back as a guy that plays a bunch of different rolls and isn’t lined up man 2 man against fast WRs. 

I feel like Hooker could do that job for way less money

SS and NB are completely different, you are also comparing too different eras of defense. Hooker didn’t play a single snap at NB last season, anyone counting on him to be the savior there would be a huge injustice.  

we will either sign or draft NB and if we don’t then we are not in a good position to defend today’s Passing league. 

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Hooker not only ran a sub 4.5 40 but also had a real good 3 cone (6.81).  Also has good instincts and recognition skills.  I don't think there is much of an issue with him playing NB unless he has to cover a super fast stud.  Blaine Bishop played SS in the NFL and ran a 4.6.  So the comparison is not relevant although NB back then didn't have to be as fast and quick as they are now.  Logan Ryan ran a 4.69 40 by the way.  

4.69? Where did you get that from? I saw 4.56 as his official combine time. 

21 minutes ago, tgo said:

4.69? Where did you get that from? I saw 4.56 as his official combine time. 

That makes more sense. When I saw that all I could think as a 5'10 240 pound white dude I was faster than ryan when I was in highschool? Lol

Edited by Callidus

• Jonboy unpinned this topic