2020 Free Agency News and Rumors

Jonboy

Apple and Alexander are both terrible relative to their draft positions. LOL how Alexander ruined his first round lock status leading up to the draft.

It’s a forever no on those two. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t care if you donate or not, @8MM ...   But there is a PayPal link that is one time literally right beside the Patreon one. People give what they want when they want. There was even a

Probably in exchange for JJ Watt and the Texans best remaining draft pick...

Posted Images

The only corners worth signing are Logan Ryan or Dennard. 

Jonathan Joseph would be decent depth but he’s a zone guy, esp at his age. 

Brandon Carr would be good depth too, but probably too old to start for us. 

Edited by tgo

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

Plus he has off field issues with the mom being somewhat being an off field issue. 

Yeah, that was early in his career.  He was terrible in New Orleans as every team threw at him instead of Lattimore.  Made very few plays.

4 hours ago, Face said:

Kyle yearns to sign anybody with somewhat of a recognizable name. It’s maybe the best draft for corners in ages & he’s pounding the table for Eli Apple lol.

Pounding the table?

We have Jackson, Butler, Milton and who else under contract at corner right now?

i just want a vet added to the group. Apple isn’t Logan Ryan, but he also isn’t Valentino Blake. 

The corner I wanted was signed weeks ago. Mackenzie Alexander who was playing very well this year prior to getting hurt. I thought he would’ve been a good transition from Ryan. 

Robinson will address it, and I’ve seen people mention Smith and Brock and I would be happy if we brought either, or both back, but still. We need a boost as the primary backup outside and that’s where Gladney, Diggs, Fulton, Johnson etc come into play. 

If we draft one of those guys I hope it’s in the order listed. 

fuck it. Imma drop a mock

On 4/7/2020 at 2:55 AM, kyle021 said:

Pounding the table?

We have Jackson, Butler, Milton and who else under contract at corner right now?

i just want a vet added to the group. Apple isn’t Logan Ryan, but he also isn’t Valentino Blake

The corner I wanted was signed weeks ago. Mackenzie Alexander who was playing very well this year prior to getting hurt. I thought he would’ve been a good transition from Ryan. 

Robinson will address it, and I’ve seen people mention Smith and Brock and I would be happy if we brought either, or both back, but still. We need a boost as the primary backup outside and that’s where Gladney, Diggs, Fulton, Johnson etc come into play. 

If we draft one of those guys I hope it’s in the order listed. 

fuck it. Imma drop a mock

Oh fuck...I had managed to forget his existence. Thanks for ruining that Kyle.

On 4/7/2020 at 8:36 AM, Soxcat said:

Could be some bargain vets available at CB.  Kirkpatrick, Trumane Johnson, Prince Amukamara per Spotrac.  Hey, Kalan Reed is available.   This might be his year (didn't we say that about Woolfolk for a number of years before we finally decided he sucked).  Brock might not be ideal but certainly we can find some vet depth after the draft.

Kirkpatrick would be a nice addition. He would be an upgrade to Sims. Idk about Trumaine Johnson. He was a big target in FA years ago and I haven’t followed him since but if he is still playing up to the level he was his last two years with the Rams then absolutely. Amukamara wouldn’t be a horrible NB option

25 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

Kirkpatrick would be a nice addition. He would be an upgrade to Sims. Idk about Trumaine Johnson. He was a big target in FA years ago and I haven’t followed him since but if he is still playing up to the level he was his last two years with the Rams then absolutely. Amukamara wouldn’t be a horrible NB option

Too slow

Kirkpatrick isn't signing anywhere to be a 4th corner imo

The best fits as far as veteran corners are Dennard and Brandon Carr if they move on from Logan Ryan. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic