2020 Free Agency News and Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t care if you donate or not, @8MM ...   But there is a PayPal link that is one time literally right beside the Patreon one. People give what they want when they want. There was even a

Probably in exchange for JJ Watt and the Texans best remaining draft pick...

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Gotta be honest...not a fan of the offseason plan so far. Not saying “the sky is falling” by any means but we have several big concerns and few draft picks to fill them with. 

Same. 

As I said earlier, they’re gonna roll into the draft needing a starter at CB, DL, RT and a major need at RB. 

One of these is going to need to be filled by a free agent after the draft I’m guessing. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Same. 

As I said earlier, they’re gonna roll into the draft needing a starter at CB, DL, RT and a major need at RB. 

One of these is going to need to be filled by a free agent after the draft I’m guessing. 

I would understand it more if we had a lot of draft capital this year, but we’re actually pretty low on early to mid picks. 

Btw, that’s the last viable starting 5 tech option on the market other than Jernigan who is a tweener and a JAG. I guess Margus Hunt as well.

However, there are some good options at nose tackle:

Snacks Harrison

Brandon Mebane 

Domata Peko

Marcell Dareus

John Jenkins 

Mike Daniels is more of a 3 tech, and Covington is more of a rotational player at 5 technique. Damion Square is another rotational end that the Titans visited with last year and didn’t sign. 

38 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Gotta be honest...not a fan of the offseason plan so far. Not saying “the sky is falling” by any means but we have several big concerns and few draft picks to fill them with. 

I like that JRob has managed to keep the continuity of the offensive side of the ball, the entire starting 11 will likely come from guys who were on the roster last season, that is going to be a massive bonus with the offseason program basically wiped out due to the corona virus.

Commenting on the roster as it is currently structured there is no doubt as we sit here right now it is weaker than the team that walked off Arrowhead after losing the AFCCG, if the goal was to improve the roster to beat the Chiefs this year I just don't think that has happened so far this offseason.

Vrabel/JRob are reportedly having a conference call with the local media during next week sometime it will be interesting to see JRob's view on how things have gone since FA has opened.

As previously mentioned I believe to some extent a decision was made to be conservative early in free agency to protect that 3rd round comp pick for losing Conklin, I expect some FA signings post the draft, the issue is other than Clowney is there really anyone left on the market that could make a significant difference to this team immediately.

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I like that JRob has managed to keep the continuity of the offensive side of the ball, the entire starting 11 will likely come from guys who were on the roster last season, that is going to be a massive bonus with the offseason program basically wiped out due to the corona virus.

Commenting on the roster as it is currently structured there is no doubt as we sit here right now it is weaker than the team that walked off Arrowhead after losing the AFCCG, if the goal was to improve the roster to beat the Chiefs this year I just don't think that has happened so far this offseason.

Vrabel/JRob are reportedly having a conference call with the local media during next week sometime it will be interesting to see JRob's view on how things have gone since FA has opened.

As previously mentioned I believe to some extent a decision was made to be conservative early in free agency to protect that 3rd round comp pick for losing Conklin, I expect some FA signings post the draft, the issue is other than Clowney is there really anyone left on the market that could make a significant difference to this team immediately.

Only guys left are JAGs other than Clowney and Golden.

And Harrison who is the best run down nose in the league in my book, but seems

to be declining with age. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Only guys left are JAGs other than Clowney and Golden.

And Harrison who is the best run down nose in the league in my book, but seems

to be declining with age. 

I just don't see them signing Golden, more likely that Correa returns than signing Golden.

Clowney is the big mystery other than that report out of the Seattle Times there has been absolutely nothing else reputable linking him to the Titans.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I just don't see them signing Golden, more likely that Correa returns than signing Golden.

Clowney is the big mystery other than that report out of the Seattle Times there has been absolutely nothing else reputable linking him to the Titans.

I almost bet that his agents have been using the Titans “interest” to leverage the Seahawks. 

24 minutes ago, tgo said:

I almost bet that his agents have been using the Titans “interest” to leverage the Seahawks. 

Of course.  He wants to be in Seattle and Seattle wants him. They are letting him see his value then will sign him to a probable short term deal.

Edited by japan

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

He'll say that this part of free agency is effectively over and they are going into draft mode.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic