2020 Free Agency News and Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t care if you donate or not, @8MM ...   But there is a PayPal link that is one time literally right beside the Patreon one. People give what they want when they want. There was even a

Probably in exchange for JJ Watt and the Texans best remaining draft pick...

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Soxcat said:

You pay these guys BECAUSE YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LET THEM WALK.  Which translates to THEY AREN'T EASY TO REPLACE.

You see there are a couple real simple things here that apparently get missed.  One, ya think JRob saw this coming when nhe paid Lewan?

Of course he did.  So it comes down to how much you value a RT and how much you really believe Conklin is worth.

If JRob thinks he can just insert Germain Ifedi in there and get adequate pay ......  decision made.

But remember this is the same GM who chose Conklin early in the draft after trading up to get him.

That tells me a bunch about how JRob values the RT spot as much as how much he values Conk. 

Also, no matter what fantasy land or drugs someone takes the facts are that Conklin is one of the top RTs in the NFL.

What’s your top 10?

1 hour ago, TeamRamrod said:

What’s your top 10?

Conk is top 3 without question this season. The hate for him is bullshit. I get not wanting to pay him but he is damn good before and after the injury period.

Edit: one of the best run blockers in the game. And he is top 10 in pass block win % for ALL tackles.

Edited by Callidus

14 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Sign Tanny, Henry, Undertaker

Trade Conk for 1st or 2nd round pick 

Let Ryan walk

Sign Yannick Ngacque or Clowney

Take RT and CB in the first two rounds.

I still rather keep tanny henry conk and draft a cb and edge in 1 and 2. Keep what we know works. If there was some unbelievable world we could keep all 4 I would be ecstatic but I am not crazy.

18 minutes ago, Callidus said:

I still rather keep tanny henry conk and draft a cb and edge in 1 and 2. Keep what we know works. If there was some unbelievable world we could keep all 4 I would be ecstatic but I am not crazy.

I Just think a proven edge rusher helps us more in the immediate than a first round guy. I’d be ok with us keeping Conk too. 

Edited by Thrill

44 minutes ago, Thrill said:

I Just think a proven edge rusher helps us more in the immediate than a first round guy. I’d be ok with us keeping Conk too. 

I agree the other way as well. My only problem is plugging in a edge is much easier than a OL player. 

14 minutes ago, Callidus said:

My only problem is plugging in a edge is much easier than a OL player. 

No.  It's the opposite actually.  Proven edge rushers are hard to find.  Someone who can consistently get to the qb is a lot harder to find than a RT.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

No.  It's the opposite actually.  Proven edge rushers are hard to find.  Someone who can consistently get to the qb is a lot harder to find than a RT.

Harder 2 find a great edge yes. But good right tackles are as well just not as hard. The part you missed was continuity with the line. A pure edge does his thing most of the time. Much like a runningback. Linemen are one big 5 part player who play better the more they do.

In general that is.

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

Harder 2 find a great edge yes. But good right tackles are as well just not as hard. The part you missed was continuity with the line. A pure edge does his thing most of the time. Much like a runningback. Linemen are one big 5 part player who play better the more they do.

In general that is.

My problem with keeping this OL together is that they struggle with pass blocking and outside of Davis improving, their upside is always going to be limited.

22 minutes ago, rns90 said:

My problem with keeping this OL together is that they struggle with pass blocking and outside of Davis improving, their upside is always going to be limited.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard%3fplatform=amp

I said it 5 tims already. He may look bad on a stick out play but he is a good pass blocker as well. And before the he gets help guys jizz themselves we are almost never in a formation that dosn't happen. 1 guy in tight on the right side isn't a handicap.

Top 10 for ALL tackles and ties with Lewan is fucking good.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic