Would you trade Henry?

reo

Would you trade Derrick Henry if we franchised him?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Derrick Henry?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We want to keep our Elite Players.  Pay the man and move on

Everyone except elite QBs has a price, so...sure I would. But for what? Maybe as part of a deal for an elite pass rusher or CB. 

I'd trade him for first, and 4th, and a corner better than Sims.

I guess the question would be trade him for what?  Anyone has a trade price at some level.

I can't see anyone trading for him that would give up what we would want.  I am aware of and agree on a level with the thought that running backs in general aren't as valuable as they appear.  I do think Henry is a special case that makes you reconsider that whole line of thought. If you had a crystal ball and KNEW who the next Henry was then sure but I haven't seen many functional crystal balls out there.

Nobody is trading for a franchised RB who couldn't reach a long term deal because realistically he wanted more than the Titans (and most teams) would be willing to pay

So no, it would not be worth selling him for what would be like a 5th round pick

Edited by wiscotitansfan

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Nobody is trading for a franchised RB who couldn't reach a long term deal because realistically he wanted more than the Titans (and most teams) would be willing to pay

So no, it would not be worth selling him for what would be like a 5th round pick

Typically it would include some sort of sign and trade deal where the new team works out a deal first.

I'd say someone would give up more than a 5th for Henry...

Of course you would trade if the offer comes.  If a 1 comes, you trade.  Henry says he wants to stay.  He is getting paid but he is the 1.5 mile thoroughbred and that can limit your O.  Touches are a must for him.  If history holds he has at max of a couple years left.  I would tag him twice and let him walk.  Sad for RBs but it is what it is.  Play the analytics. 

Edited by FRT

1 minute ago, efus50 said:

We want to keep our Elite Players.  Pay the man and move on

Henry said he views Zeke's number as the floor. Zeke got 6 years for $90M. I don't see them paying him that.

At best i think we tag him and he plays under the franchise tag... granted there's a chance he holds out if we try it.

1 hour ago, reo said:

Henry said he views Zeke's number as the floor. Zeke got 6 years for $90M. I don't see them paying him that.

At best i think we tag him and he plays under the franchise tag... granted there's a chance he holds out if we try it.

I love Henry, and I think he was being somewhat facetious, but if he really wants to be paid that then he needs to become more than an afterthought in the passing game. Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, Hunt... those guys have elements to their game that Henry just doesn't have.

13 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I love Henry, and I think he was being somewhat facetious, but if he really wants to be paid that then he needs to become more than an afterthought in the passing game. Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, Hunt... those guys have elements to their game that Henry just doesn't have.

I agree but I seriously doubt he'll see it that way. 

He probably basically thinks this: "I'm better than Zeke. Zeke just got this. I want more"

So if he sticks to his guns, no way they pay him. Which means tag and play or tag and trade.

What would you want in a trade to make it worth it?

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Everyone except elite QBs has a price, so...sure I would. But for what? Maybe as part of a deal for an elite pass rusher or CB. 

Hadn't really thought about trading him for a player.. that'd be interesting though.

I was more wondering if a team would give up a 1st and 2nd for him. That'd give us another 1st for either a tackle, corner or EDGE while freeing up money to keep some of our own (Conklin) and give us a 2nd to try and replace him. Doubt anyone would give up that much though.

Given their offensive philosophy, I imagine Titans probably place a higher value on Henry than other teams would.    I doubt anyone would meet their asking price.

The only possible exceptions might be run-oriented playoff teams like the Ravens or Niners who might see Henry as the missing piece that would put them over the top.   I sure as hell wouldn't want to trade him within the division.

1 minute ago, nine said:

Given their offensive philosophy, I imagine Titans probably place a higher value on Henry than other teams would.    I doubt anyone would meet their asking price.

The only possible exceptions might be run-oriented playoff teams like the Ravens or Niners who might see Henry as the missing piece that would put them over the top.   I sure as hell wouldn't want to trade him within the division.

Well the options seem to be:

1) Sign him to a large extension

2) Tag and play him

3) Tag and trade him

4) Let him walk

I don't think anyone would be down for option 4.

If you don't think we'll get enough value to trade him, are you looking at option 1 or 2?

9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

A team would have to agree on a new contract with Henry before they would trade for him. And as a franchise player, how many teams are going to shell out big bucks and trade something for him?

A lot of times there's a team willing to make a dumb decision.