I think we coulda beaten SF

Flarb

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coulda shoulda woulda, I know. We came up short before our opportunity. I think our future is bright, though. Congrats to the Titans on a great season. Congrats to the Chiefs. Looking forward to next

With a name like slurpy du I can see how you reached that conclusion. 

I don’t. 

45 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Andy Reid has finally distanced himself from Jeff Fisher and all of the other top coaches who have never won, or even been to, a Super Bowl.

Reid and Fisher aren’t in the same conversation. Reid’s winning percentage and postseason record destroy Fisher. Now Reid’s career is validated tonight. 

I don't think the 49ers were that good.  They had a lot of really close wins and barely beat the Cardinals both times they played them.  And lost at home to the Falcons.  They got the #1 seed literally by an inch and if they tackled the Seattle TE an inch closer to the end zone they'd have been the #5 seed and likely watching on TV.

I think it would've been a toss-up had they played.  The problem is to get there you have to stop Mahomes.  And the Titans couldn't.  And when it counted the 49ers couldn't either. 

I thought kcs d did a good job dialing it up when the game was on the line...they seemed to bring more pressure and Jimmy g doesn't look too comfortable in those situations.

But 49ers had two chances on offense to put it away and looked pretty bad both times.

6 hours ago, Soxcat said:

The Chiefs unloaded a few of their best plays when it mattered most. 

The pass to Hill was basically a spot pass where Hill made about three moves and if not for his speed and change of direction he doesn't get there before a sack.

Then they set Sherman up all game and blew by him in a critical situation with Watkins. 

For the most part Mahommes was not on his game.  Inaccurate and a few bad decisions.

I think the nerves got Mahomes and maybe the team too.  That's over now and as long as Kansas City can put talent around him, they will be the team to beat.  I also don't think Mahomes is going to break the Chefs.  The NFLPA might het in it, but Mahomes is already/going to make a lot of money from endorsements.  They have crowned him the next great QB and right now his competition is lean.  Larmar is the best out there, so we'll see how he does.

Funny , two years ago Carr and Mariota we supposed to be the replacements for Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Rivers.