How do the Titans reach Super Bowl LV?

Jonboy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll simplify it   The Titans need to improve the defense. They need another pass rusher so they can pressure the QB with only 4 people on passing downs.    They need Simmons to be

With today being Super Bowl Sunday, I must admit I'm a little reminiscent of "what might've been." I haven't posted all that much since the loss because, frankly, that one took a while to get over. I

Dean Pees said at his final press conference: "He (Vrabel) won't say it, but I will: We had some guys that were really banged up and really were battling through some things."   The team was

Hey Touched The Tard, what does Adoptatardpop think about your situation with the ladies? Your 50th will be here before you know it. If he will buy you some retard wolf hat at the zoo, maybe on the big 50 he will buy you some hot and juicy. Doesn’t hurt to beg. All he can say is fuck off tard.

To not only beat Houston, and Baltimore, and KC in order to be in the SB next year we have to make it pretty fucking simple, and achieve that Shit. It’s out window. It’s our time. If we are ever going to be in prime position to be in the SB next year and the years after that, it all hinges on what we do this offseason. 

The one thing all of those teams have in place ahead of us is

1) They have their franchise QB, and they have weapons galore

2) They have very good running games

3) They are deadly fast 

We finally have a franchise QB who can go head on with those guys. We have the formula to beat each one of them, and we have. We just have to do it when it’s most important and we were overall just shy of that. 

We have a rising defense who gets a 100% player in Simmons back plus the majority of our front 7 and the return of Butler but we are going to lose Ryan. 

On top of Ryan it is obvious they are letting Conklin walk, and it’s obvious they are cutting ties with Succop, Lewis, Walker and potentially Wake, but he has said he wants to be here and he knows this is his best shot at a ring. I think he stays. I believe his salary is like 6-8 million so if he would take a cut to about 3.5 and stay and play 20 snaps a game I think it’s worth it. 

We pay 2 of our own guys and without a CBA Henry gets the transition tag, and teams are likely not going to offer him more than 11-13 a year. Tannehill will come into play around 27/yr for 5 years making it a 5 year 105 million dollar contract with about 60 guaranteed. Henry is likely staying put as much as I rather have a cheap, high talent investment at that position, and he likely stays for 5 years 60 million with 38 guaranteed and more through incentives. Both contracts are front loaded. 

In FA they bring in a vet kicker like Bailey who is solid inside 50. 

FA is more geared toward keeping most of our own guys like Firkser, Blasingame, Pruitt, Bates, Milton, Smith, Correa, and Kelly. 

This leaves us with the aforementioned K in Bailey as a FA addition and two other players. Two guys who aren’t going to get top market value but will give you as good of play as the ones who do. 

Mackenzie Alexander - NB

He really came into his own as a NB this year prior to injuries and he is going to be able to had one his prime years just like Ryan was, but a little cheaper due to coming on later, and his injury. 

Mackenzie Alexander - NB - 3 years - 24 million with 16 GTD

D’ante Fowler - EDGE - 5 years - 70 million - 35 GTD

Dan Bailey - K - 2 year - 5 - million

Chris Thompson - RB - 2 year - 7 million

We has speed and experience to the NB spot and a very good pass rusher with good run skills opposite Landry. 

that should leave us with I would think 30 million left over which we carry into next year and can give players extensions. 

In the draft it’s all about the same. We can scratch NB, RB, QB, EDGE off the top of our list unless somehow an elite edge rusher drops there. 

I would think... if we capitalized on defense like that in FA and kept our core intact on offense minus Conklin we would be alright going into the draft as long as someone who can pass protect like him and run block like him which in a draft this deep it’s absolutely possible we can get that guy in the 25-45 range. 

1) Josh Jones - RT - Houston

2) Jeff Gladney - CB - TCU 

- Our #1 backup outside CB who takes over for Butler full time after this year. Kid can be a lockdown corner. 

3) Antonio Gibson - KR/WR/RB - Memphis

- Dude can do it all from returning the ball, receiving, running, etc. I wasn’t all that big on him at first but watching his game and my gosh can this kid do it all. He would give us that insane return man, and a HR threat every time he is on the field whether at RB or Wr... I would make him our #2 RB, and let him lineup outside at times. He is just insanely good and he may go in round 2 but not today. 

5) KJ Hill - WR - OSU

Our secondary and pass rush would get upgraded considerably, our offensive stays intact with RT and Henry, and we add some weapons like Gibson at WR or backup RB as well as our return man and he upgrades Lewis in major style. We get a player in Josh Jones who is big like Conklin, and more of an athlete and better pass protector while solid in the run. He might need the Conklin treatment his rookie year to start by having a TE with him and we may explore that after FA or let Blasingame or Pruitt be of help to him. He will be a stud for awhile there and upgrades Conklin while Davis gets a year to get even better and participates in his first TC and PS and better hones his skill. 

Our pass rush would consist and start of Fowler, Casey, Simmons and Landry. At OLB Fowler, Landry, Wake, Walker, Correa, Roberson make for the deepest it has ever been. That helps when you also have the return of Casey, and Jeff Simmons with a full offseason of being in top shape and healthy and a year and playoffs under his belt. This year will be like a gift with how well Simmons should play. Behind Casey and Simmons there’s DQ, Mack, Dickerson and they could even bring Johnson back. 

Corner would be an upgrade with Jackson, Butler, Alexander, Gladney, Smith, Orr

We would honestly be able to pressure those QB’s and for once cover their WR’s while we added talent at WR, and at backup RB which we didn’t have, and we would actually be able to hit FG’s and win games like we should’ve against Buffalo. 

I think that’s pretty much going to be this offseason plan. 

Our running game would have some big time players with Gibson and Thompson replacing Lewis and Dawkins

Meanwhile Sharpe is replaced by KJ Hill, and Gibson gets time at WR and Raymond sticks behind the Davis/Brown/Humphries

I can see them giving Batson every opportunity to stick, but don’t get caught in there only being 5 WR’s... Gibson can lineup at WR and play it naturally. His talents are better suited at RB as he just has vision, and speed you can’t teach and rarely find. His versatility is huge and gives this team more room to get better. 

Edited by kyle021

Everybody needs to relax their expectations.  Fact is, Titans DON'T have a QB, Backup QB, RB, or RT.  They gotta hit the market like everyone else.

Until the deals are done be ready for a grim off-season.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:23 PM, Somedude said:

The next team to cheat their way to "success" Why would you want them to cheat?  Who is "we"?  the fuck did you do? Nothing. What a pathetic sad cunt who tries to take credit for something it had nothing to do with.

Hey hey hey... He is a happy cunt and his mangina takes care of allthe chiefs players needs.